ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام

ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام (https://vb.ckfu.org/index.php)
-   E3 (https://vb.ckfu.org/forumdisplay.php?f=427)
-   -   How Can I Locate the Main Idea? شــرح بسيط مني لكم (https://vb.ckfu.org/showthread.php?t=127299)

ثفوي 2010- 12- 25 06:09 PM

How Can I Locate the Main Idea? شــرح بسيط مني لكم

هاذا شرح بسيط ل main idea and topicوواتمنى افدتكم :119:
Once you can find the topic, you are ready to find the main idea. The main idea is the point of the paragraph. It is the most important thought about the topic.
To figure out the main idea, ask yourself this question: What is being said about the person, thing, or idea (the topic)?

The author can locate the main idea in different places within a paragraph. The main idea is usually a sentence, and it is usually the first sentence. The writer then uses the rest of the paragraph to support the main idea.
Let's use the paragraph below as an example. First find the topic, then look for the main idea.
Summer is a wonderful time to spend at West Beach. It is a beach with light-
colored, soft sand. The coastline goes on for a long way and many people enjoy walking
along it. Children like to play in the surf and walk along the rocks that are visible at
low tide. This is a fun beach for people of all ages.

In this paragraph:
  • the topic is West Beach
  • the main idea (what the writer is saying about the topic) is that summer is a wonderful time at West Beach

The movie Apollo 13 was a blockbuster for the summer of 1995.
It is an exciting story about space exploration. In the movie, the astronauts
get in trouble while they are trying to return to Earth. People in the audience
are on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens. What makes it even
more exciting is that it is a true story.

In this paragraph:
  • the topic is the movie Apollo 13
  • the main idea is in the first sentence: Apollo 13 was a blockbuster for the summer of 1995
While the main idea is usually in the first sentence, the next most common placement is in the last sentence of a paragraph. The author gives supporting information first and then makes the point in the last sentence.
Here's a paragraph we can use as an example. Try to locate the topic and the main idea.

Most teenagers and young adults do not know what they want to do for the rest
of their lives. It is a big decision. There are a number of things you can do to narrow
the choices. For example you can take an interest test, do some research on your own
about a career, try volunteer work in the field in which you are interested, or "job-shadow",
in which you spend a day with a person who is working in a field that interests you. These
are just a few helpful ideas as you begin to choose a career.

In this paragraph:
  • the topic is jobs or career choices
  • the main idea is a few ideas to help the reader choose a career

Finally, an author might put the main idea in the middle of a paragraph. The author will spend a few sentences introducing the topic, present the main idea, then spend the rest of the paragraph supporting it. This can make the main idea more difficult to find.

See if you can find the topic and main idea in the paragraph below.
The United States seems to be in love with the idea of going out to eat.
Because of this, a real variety of restaurants has come about specializing
in all kinds of foods. McDonald's is the king of a subgroup of restaurants
called fast-food restaurants. Chances are, no matter where you live, there
is a McDonald's restaurant near you. There are even McDonald's in the
Soviet Union. Now McDonald's is trying something new. It is called McDonald's
Express and there is a test site in Peabody, Massachusetts. It is part of a Mobil
gas station. This allows you to fill up with gas and fill up on food at the same time.
What will they think of next?
In this paragraph:
  • the topic is McDonald's
  • the main idea is in the middle of the paragraph, in the third sentence: McDonald's is the king of fast food

ثفوي 2010- 12- 25 06:14 PM

رد: How Can I Locate the Main Idea? شــرح بسيط مني لكم

وووهااذا Lab Activity 11: Identifying Topics and Main Ideas رابط تختبرين فيه نفسج بعد ماتفهمين الطريقه تشوفين روحج اذا فهمتي خوش ماخووش :119::119: :oao:

ابوشاهين 2010- 12- 25 06:45 PM

يعطيج العافيه

مع ان الحين لويه وأختبارات بس هم تفيد في مادة قراءات

ثفوي 2010- 12- 25 06:51 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة ابوشاهين (المشاركة 2269994)
يعطيج العافيه

مع ان الحين لويه وأختبارات بس هم تفيد في مادة قراءات

:(107)::(107): مو جنه هاذا مطلوب بالاختباار بس يلا < اي والله لويه واختباارت :53:الله يسسسهل عليناا ياربي ونيب اعلى المعدلات يااررررب:119:<<<<<<<< الساامع >> اقصد القاريء يقول امين:53:

ابوشاهين 2010- 12- 25 06:57 PM

اللهم امين

الظاهر مطلوب انا وصلت لحد chapter 4

ثفوي 2010- 12- 25 07:07 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة ابوشاهين (المشاركة 2270094)
اللهم امين

الظاهر مطلوب انا وصلت لحد chapter 4

شي اساااااسي هاذا ..يعطينا قطعه ونستخرج منها الــmain idea and topic عشان جذي حطيت توضضيح لانه في وحده حطت موضوع تقول ابي شررح وانا نزلته << كفوووو :(269):
شوف الشرح بيفيدك:119:

أم عمار 2010- 12- 25 07:21 PM

:oao:يعطيك الف عافيه ع التفهيم والمساعده :33_asmilies-com:والله مشكوره :d5:ماكنت فاهمه آآآآآآآآآآآوي
الله يوفقنا يارب

ابوشاهين 2010- 12- 25 07:24 PM

يعطيج العافيه على التوضيح .......... وطبعا فيه قطع كثيير غيرها من المتوقع بعد انه اتجي في الإختبار

مثل

sick-Building
ألخ

ثفوي 2010- 12- 25 07:26 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة أم عمار (المشاركة 2270324)
:oao:يعطيك الف عافيه ع التفهيم والمساعده :33_asmilies-com:والله مشكوره :d5:ماكنت فاهمه آآآآآآآآآآآوي
الله يوفقنا يارب

وي وي حياج الله:53: خيييتووو الله يعاافيييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييج امين يارب الله يسمع منج :biggrin:

ثفوي 2010- 12- 25 07:29 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة ابوشاهين (المشاركة 2270346)
يعطيج العافيه على التوضيح .......... وطبعا فيه قطع كثيير غيرها من المتوقع بعد انه اتجي في الإختبار

مثل

sick-building
ألخ

امممم هاذا للفهم بسس واسااسا اهو قال لنا الدكتور راح ايب لنااا نسسخه= كووبي. من الموجود بالمحاضررات ندرسسسهااا خوش ماخوووش وووووو شسمه بعد شسمه << تذكري تذكري :(269):
ندرس القطع المووجوود راح ايبها لناا ووووووووووووووووووو الكلماات والمينع حقهاا << المعني
وان شاءالله اعلا درجه ووووووووووووووووووو بثثث:119: