ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام

ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام (https://vb.ckfu.org/index.php)
-   E5 (https://vb.ckfu.org/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   [ مذاكرة جماعية ] : مقال # essay (https://vb.ckfu.org/showthread.php?t=787007)

skon aljro7 2017- 2- 13 01:33 AM

مقال # essay

9 مرفق
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...Cu-PxHfx6if3DM

مقال # essay

دكتور المادة : أحمد السقوفي
ساعتان

كل مايخص المادة هنا بإذن الله

/
/
/
/

برفق لكم الملفات اللي جمعتها :icon19:

skon aljro7 2017- 2- 13 01:35 AM

رد: مقال # essay

#

المناقشات

Essay

المناقشة 1:

Our first lecture consists of the definition of an Essay and the main three parts of it. It also discusses how to develop strong thesis statement. Explain to me how one can write a strong thesis statement. Provide your discussion with strong examples.
The thesis statment is the sentence that tells the main idea of the whole essay it can be compared atopic sentence which gives the main idea of apragraph it usually comes at or the end of the introductory pragraph examples
If you ask average Americans where their language comes from they will probably say England
However , English vocabulary has also been influnced by other countries and groubs of people . Some words are borrowed from other languages sush as typhoon which originally from the chinese words lia fug meaing big wind Skunk the name oF asmall amelly black and
white animal came to English from Native AMERICANS LANGUAGE aFRICAN AMERCINES TOO HAVE BOTH CONTIBUTED NEW WORDS TO ENGLISH AND CHANGED THE MEAINING OF SOME EXISTING WORDS
---------------------------

المناقشة 2:
The 2nd lecture mainly discusses the logical division of ideas in an Essay. It also tackles the thesis statement pitfalls. Give us some examples using the transition signals for logical division of ideas. ALSO, what are the pitfalls of thesis statements? How can we avoid them. Logical division is an appropriate pattern for explaining causes, reasons, types, kinds, qualities, methods, advantages, and disadvantages, as these typical college exam questions ask you to do .
: College questions are as the following
For Example :
of inflationcauses Explain the three Economic
Describe the Agriculture/ Landscape designbasic types of soils and additives needed to prepare each type for planting .
of the U.S. Civil causes Discuss the U.S. HistoryWar .
of main forms he three explain t Business Business organization
of the various classes Describe Health Sciences Drugs used to treat depression..
A thesis is the most important sentence in your essay, so write it with special though and care. Avoid these common problems :
Problem 1: The thesis is too general .
TOO GENERAL
Thesis Statement Second Pitfall .
Problem 2: The thesis makes a simple announcement
Problem 3: The Thesis stats an obvious fact
====================

المناقشة 3:
The number of body paragraphs depends on the number of ... The body paragraphs support ... The function of an introduction in an essay is to introduce the topic and ... Cleanliness is considered a virtue, but just what does it mean ... The first sentence in an introductory paragraph should be a general
The 3rd lecture talks about essay outlining and how to conclude a passage. What’s Essay Outlining? What’s the function of an introduction? What’s the function of a body paragraph? What’s the function of a concluding paragraph? What does topic sentence mean ? What does supporting details mean?
Essay Outlining: Before you begin writing the first draft of your essay, it is best to make an outline. An outline is a general plan of what you are going to write. You can compare making an outline to drawing plans to build a house. Before one begins to build a house, it is best to draw up plans to make sure that a house is built in the way you want. The same is true with writing an essay and making an outline.
The function of an introduction: The length of the introduction can vary. You do not need to include any more than is necessary to accomplish the function of the introduction. There is no rule on what this will consist of, as different issues may require something a little different. For example, you may need to include a definition of some terms in order to clarify the precise focus of the assignment.
The function of a body paragraph: are used to help your a reader follow the logic of your arguments. When you start a new idea, or a point that contrasts the one you were just discussing, or when you raise either a related or separate point, you should start a new paragraph. As well, a paragraph should not be too long or too short.
The function of a concluding paragraph: To provide an alternate viewpoint to those presented in the body of the essay
and to recap the main points in order to help the reader understand the argument
and to restate the topic sentence word for word
A Topic sentence: is normally the first or second sentence, though it can be located anywhere in the paragraph. It regularly introduces the topic or gives the most useful information in the paragraph. It makes a statement (or asks a question) that the rest of the paragraph explains or supports with examples of what the topic sentence has said.
A supporting detail: is a detail that supports a piece of writing. The middle of the assignment and it is a pieces of information that support the main idea

=====================

المناقشة 4:
For many persons, beginning (or providing an introduction to the body of the talk) ... Or you may conclude by making a short statement recommending the action ... At other times, nothing more than a clear indication that the lecture has begun is sufficient. ... They can be informed about how the ideas have been organized.
------------

=========================

المناقشة 5:
In a series of three or more terms with a single conjunction, use a ... Make the paragraph the unit of composition: one paragraph to each topic . ..... Rules 3, 4, 5, and 6 cover the most important principles in the punctuation of ordinary ..... of works, he will as a rule do better not to take them up singly in chronological order
The 5th lecture talks about one of the most important aspect in writing process, that is, “chronological order”. Use some transition signals for chronological order in one or two paragraph(s).
During [1] the early twentieth century, Australian society experienced a transformation of the domestic ideal. At this time [1] families were subject to an increasing array of government and 'professional' programs and advice aiming to manage and regulate family life. Some of these programs were designed to counter social changes, others were designed to engineer them; ultimately [2] each heralded a growing expert encroachment into the private sphere.
[1] Indicating a specific time
[2] Indicating a conclusion
Intervention and influence took three forms. Firstly [3] , techniques designed to maximise efficiency were introduced into the home and scientific principles were applied to its design. In addition [4], housework and parenting methods were scrutinised and subject to unprecedented standards. Secondly [3], all aspects of reproduction attracted increasing intervention from government and the medical profession. Thirdly [3], state, professional and philanthropic groups began to usurp the parental role within the family through instruction and policy. Consequently [5], the development of 'modern' social ideals brought regulation, intervention and ever-increasing unrealistic standards.
[3] To indicate sequence and logically divide an idea
[4] Indicating extra information
[5] Indicating a result
List of transition signals

=========================

المناقشة 6:
The 6th class talks about cause and effect essay. Discuss the definition of cause and effect essay and then outline the normal structure of cause and effect essay.
Cause and effect depend on each other. You can’t have
one without the other. A plane crashed. That is the
effect. What are the possible causes? Was it a
mechanical or human error? Was it due to the weather?
Was it a terrorist action? Obviously there are many
.possible causes

:Step one
Select a significant topic, for example, a social
.phenomenon or a social trend
Step two
Decide whether you want to examine the cause or effect
.or both
Step three
Examine each cause and effect thoroughly, using sufficient
.evidence to prove your points
----------------------------

المناقشة 7:
The 7th class tackles the issue of organizing the cause and effect organization. There are two ways of organizations; block organization & chain organization. Discuss them and give examples.
Block organization
You discuss all of the
causes in one block (one, two or three paragraphs, depending on the n
umber of causes). Then you discuss all the effects in another block.

Chain organization
You discuss a first cause and then the effect, a second cause and its effect, a third cause and its effect, and so on.
Block organization
You discuss all of the causes in one block (one, two or three paragraphs, depending on the n umber of causes). Then you discuss all the effects in another block.

Chain organization
You discuss a first cause and then the effect, a second cause and its effect, a third cause and its effect, and so on.

====================

المناقشة 8:
A comparison and contrast essay may discuss only similarities, only ... Each subtopic in Part I must also be discussed in Part II. ... Choose a method of development that works well with your organizing ... Use specific and relevant examples for support. ... Use transitional words or phrases to help the reader understand the
The 8th class introduces the topic of comparison and contrast essay and the organization of it. Discuss the definition of comparison and contrast essay and the ways of organizing it? Support your discussion with examples, using comparison signal words or/and contrast signal words.
Comparing things is something we do every day when we have to make decisions. For example, you might think of similarities or differences when we are buying a new MP3 player or choosing a place to study English.
You may need to evaluate two sides of an issue you have studied in a class or two proposals for research or projects at your workplace. In these cases, you will need to write an essay or report to discuss your ideas about the topic. This is a comparison and contrast essay
Comparison/Contrast Essay Organization
Like other types of essays, a comparison and contrast essay must have a clear introduction and conclusion.
The body of the essay can be organized many ways. We will look at two organizational styles.
Point by point organization
Block organization ..
Example r /and
You can go to a restaurant or request food for the home ..
I prefer potatoes and chicken .,.,.,.

==================

المناقشة 9:
The 9th lecture is basically reviewing types of sentences and discussing the use of parallel structures and fixing sentence problems. Give me a short example for each type of sentences. Also, give me a sentence problem and fix it by yourself.
To make your writing more interesting, you should try to vary your sentences in terms of length and structure. You can make some of your sentences long and others short.
Examples:
I love living in the city. I have a wonderful view of the entire city. I have an apartment. I can see the Golden Gate Bridge. I can see many cargo ships pass under the bridge each day. I like the restaurants in San Francisco. I can find wonderful food from just about every country. I don’t like the traffic in the city.
I love living in the city of San Francisco. I have a wonderful view of the entire city from my apartment window. In addition, I can see the Golden Gate Bridge under which many cargo ships pass each day. I also like San Francisco because I can find wonderful restaurants with food from just about every country; however, I don’t like the traffic in the city.
Example: I like to write, read, and studying.
sentence problem:
this semester I'm studying art,music, taking math course.
fix:
this semester I'm studying art,music ,and math
===========================================

المناقشة 10:
The 10th lecture is discussing the rules of the following punctuations; commas, semicolons, colons, quotation marks. Discuss the function of each. Support your discussion with examples.
=
Comma : use comma after dependent clause if it begins the sentence.
Example:When I first moved to the city, I was afraid to drive the steep and narrow streets.
Semicolons: It is a break in thought , but not a complete stop more like an elongated pause.
Example: He ate six hotdogs;he also got a stomach ache.
Colons: use to introduce a quotation longer than one sentence.
Example: If you don't think you can handle it, get out of line now.
Quotation marks: Use with direct sentence.
Example:He said,"I'll go to school tomorrow."

================================================

المناقشة 11:
In the 11th class, we discuss how to paralyze English structures. How can this lesson help you improving your essay writing? Give us one example and explanation

Parallelism means using similar structures to express similar ideas.
Parallel structures make sentences clearer and easier to read.
Editing for parallel structure helps you avoid awkward sentences and keeps you from braking your promise to reader.
Example: we wanted to **************** and to swim
--------------------------------------

المناقشة 12:
In the 12th class, we discuss the uses of comma and we summarizes some parallel structure issues. Write a thesis sentence for the following topic. “Topic: Do you think that violence on television should be banned?” Remember parallel construction when you state the reasons.
Yes, we must prevent violence to the television, to reduce the incidence of crimes by teenagers, and dangerous for the kids to hurt themselves, as well as taking into account the patients' condition, and the owners of weak hearts ..

==================================================

المناقشة 13:
We could parallelize structures using the coordinate conjunction, correlative conjunctions, and comparison. Discuss how we can use the previous tools to make a paralleled structures in our essay writing. Provide your explanations with variant explanations.
Conjunctions join two or more words.

Example: I went to the store to buy eggs, milk, and bread.

Conjunctions can join two prepositional phrases.

Example. I went skiing down the hill and past the trees

Conjunctions can connect two clauses or sentences.
When two sentences are joined, a comma MUST be placed before the conjunction.

Ex. I played cards for awhile, but then I played chess
==================================================

المناقشة 14:
In our 14th Class, we review the major sections and points of Essay course. Which parts of this course do you mostly like, and why? And which parts of this course don’t you mostly like, and why?
structure of argumentation (Major premise, minor premise and conclusion), and thesis statement supporting details model. The course takes the form of analysis of exemplary essays, of detailed outlines and of the methods of collecting and using published resurces to report and argue a certain position..i like it all becouse it very interesting . and all the part and points very important to write the essay.

skon aljro7 2017- 2- 13 01:40 AM

#

الواجبات

الأول :

Why I Want to Learn English(1) There are three reasons why I want to learn English. (2) One reason is that English has become an international language.(3) It is now used by most international companies, including the company where I work, for business communication. (4) Another reason why I want to learn English is so that I can travel to English-speaking countries. (5) The United States, England, Australia and many other countries all use English as their primary language. (6) Finally, I want to learn English because I plan to move to the U.S. in the future. (7) I will become a manager for my company soon. (8) For all these reasons, I am very excited about learning English.
1) Identify the topic sentence:؟
1st sentence

2) Identify the conclusion:
8th sentence

3) Identify the first main point:
2nd sentence

الثاني :

-1-

Eating diet, exercising and getting enough sleeping.

-2-
English Essay is difficult for two reasons.

-3-
Eating while driving can cause two main fatal accidents

الثالث :

4- المقال

The thesis statement for this essay is the last sentence of paragraph

The topic sentence for paragraph 4 is the
Second sentence

Two paragraphs, when added together, use the chain pattern. These two paragraphs are:
8and9

Which sentence is parallelized?
You can pay me now or pay me later

skon aljro7 2017- 2- 13 01:46 AM

3 مرفق
#

أسألة أختبارات الأعوام السابقة

Happy life 2017- 2- 16 10:53 AM

مشكورة سكون ما قصرتي
يعطيكِ الف عافية

skon aljro7 2017- 2- 16 01:29 PM

#

العفو

حاضرين

توووشه 2017- 2- 21 01:33 AM

ياجماعه نبي ملخص ابو الحارث
500 سؤال

skon aljro7 2017- 2- 21 01:26 PM

1 مرفق
-

بحثت ولقيت اهم مئة سؤال حطها ابو الحارث مالقيت 500 سؤال
من باب التعاون اذا احد لقاهم حطهم لنا رجاءا

ايميلي الصغيرة 2017- 2- 26 11:28 PM

لو سمحتوا ايش افضل ملخص اعتمده للمذاكرة للمادة

skon aljro7 2017- 2- 27 09:45 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة ايميلي الصغيرة (المشاركة 1057607704)
لو سمحتوا ايش افضل ملخص اعتمده للمذاكرة للمادة

انا طبعت حق شذى وذاكرت بس محاضره وحده منه واحس كويس