ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام

العودة   ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام > ساحة طلاب وطالبات الإنتظام > ملتقى طلاب الانتظام جامعة الإمام عبدالرحمن (الدمام) > ملتقى كليات العلوم والأداب - جامعة الإمام عبدالرحمن > منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام
التسجيل الكويزاتإضافة كويزمواعيد التسجيل التعليمـــات المجموعات  

منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام ; مساحة للتعاون و تبادل الخبرات بين طالبات كلية الآداب بالدمام و نقل آخر الأخبار و المستجدات .

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2521
نور الـ ع ـيون
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الصورة الرمزية نور الـ ع ـيون
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 34429
تاريخ التسجيل: Sun Sep 2009
المشاركات: 280
الـجنــس : أنـثـى
عدد الـنقـاط : 115
مؤشر المستوى: 63
نور الـ ع ـيون will become famous soon enoughنور الـ ع ـيون will become famous soon enough
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الآداب بالدمام
الدراسة: انتظام
التخصص: أدبي انجليزي
المستوى: المستوى الثامن
 الأوسمة و جوائز  بيانات الاتصال بالعضو  اخر مواضيع العضو
نور الـ ع ـيون غير متواجد حالياً
رد: •• {{ 2nd year English students cafe ««

اهاااا

كاثرين

يعطيج العافية

وبالتوفيق

اشوفكم ع خير
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2522
C a t h r e n
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الصورة الرمزية C a t h r e n
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 9785
تاريخ التسجيل: Fri Aug 2008
المشاركات: 344
عدد الـنقـاط : 160
مؤشر المستوى: 68
C a t h r e n has a spectacular aura aboutC a t h r e n has a spectacular aura about
بيانات الطالب:
الدراسة: غير طالب
التخصص: e
المستوى: المستوى الخامس
C a t h r e n غير متواجد حالياً

ذاكروا بدقة ترى الإمتحان فيه..
30 فقرة إختياري
و5 أسئلة شورت كوسشنز >>كل واحد عليه 5
وسؤال (ويمكن 2 إذا مو غلطانة)مقالي طويل
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2523
حكايا الورد
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية حكايا الورد
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 7461
تاريخ التسجيل: Tue Jul 2008
العمر: 33
المشاركات: 1,194
عدد الـنقـاط : 221
مؤشر المستوى: 76
حكايا الورد has a spectacular aura aboutحكايا الورد has a spectacular aura aboutحكايا الورد has a spectacular aura about
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: college of arts in Dammam
التخصص: English literature
المستوى: خريج جامعي
حكايا الورد غير متواجد حالياً

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة c a t h r e n مشاهدة المشاركة
هذي من قروب حصة

قصيدة الأعمى >>افهموها عاد

and post o’er land and ocean without rest:
They also serve who only stand and wait.”
http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poem/1457.html
this poem is a classic. For decades it has thrilled readers and been the discussion of many literary and academic conversations. It is a popular favorite with high school english teachers across america. Many read the poem to pick out the meaning; some think that the poem is a discussion about his blindness; others feel that the poem speaks of religious duty; still others argue that the poem is about the importance of time. In fact, i think that all of these arguments are partly correct, but more importantly, i feel that the composing of this poem was milton’s effort to comfort himself.

“when i consider how my light is spent,” is milton’s first and only poem that appears to be about his blindness. At the time of this poem’s composition, milton was blind. His daughter who took dictations for him held the pen that inked milton into literary immortality. A brief study of milton’s life, however, will show that all of his life, he was an active, independent, advocate of rights in religion and an amazingly tenacious seeker of government reform. Though most of his endeavors in the political and religious arena’s failed, (he was a protestant), he stuck to his guns… even when it was arguably unwise to do so. Understandably, a blind milton would feel some angst at having lost his sight.
There are many who believe that the “light” in milton’s poem is time. If that is so, then let’s assume that “that one talent which is death to hide,” was his poetry . I have raised this sugesstion because after reading biographies on milton and seeing how active he was and how he used his writing skills to try to affect change in his world it seemed the most obvious, “talent” that stood in danger of being hidden; unless, of course, the “talent” is milton’s eyes, which are indeed, “lodged within [him] useless.” here i must make a choice, is the talent milton’s poetry or his sight? Here is my case: Milton used his eyes in the days of his youth to observe injustices, and then used his hands and pen to attempt to right them. I am convinced however, that the “talent” he is “hiding” is eyesight, given to him by a “maker.” why am i convinced? Naturally, the following lines prove my point:
“and that one talent which is death to hide//lodg’d with me useless, though my soul more bent//to serve therewith my maker, and present//my true account.”
these lines tell me beyond a shadow of a doubt that milton is eager to “right wrongs” again. He wants to change his world. He wants to try to change something, but he can’t. His sight lies lodged within him useless, though he longs to serve his master with it, and give his true account of the injustices and corruption around him. I know that the talent is not poetry because milton can still dictate. He can indeed write through his daughter. Yes, many may argue that he cannot pick up a pen and write whenever he pleases, being blind, but his hands are not lodged within him useless; his eyes are.
Here again we return to the issue of “light.” what is it? It is time. Milton clears up any doubts with his query, “does god exact day labor, light denied?” assuming that the talent helps milton do “day labor”, we can easily see that light is time. “day labor” then is observing injustices and corruption in high places, and doing something about it. It is true that milton could hear of the injustice going on around him, but i feel he yearned to see for himself and interpret for himself what was right or wrong. He wanted to be able to give his, “true account,” to god when his time came and hear a deserving, “well done.” now, he feels useless.
“god doth not need
either man’s work or his own gifts: Who best
bear his mild yoke, they serve him best. His state
is kingly; thousands at his bidding speed
and post o’er land and ocean without rest:
They also serve who only stand and wait.”
these words, uttered from the mouth of “patience,” comfort milton. They tell him that he is not worthless in the kingdom of god on earth. “they also serve who only stand and wait.” i believe that milton places himself in the category that “only stand and wait.” his later years are less active by far than his early years. Once he could view corruption and openly write against it. Now he can only hear of it, and then hope that the account is not skewed by biases and personal opinion, or public opinion. The greatest comfort to this poet lies in the last line. He is not a careless steward. He is an attentive servant, waiting to be called upon once again.
عندنا تبع منهج أولى ..
من بعد أذنك بــآخذ الشرح
بالتوفييق .،
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2524
غرك غلاك
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط

الصورة الرمزية غرك غلاك
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 45180
تاريخ التسجيل: Tue Jan 2010
المشاركات: 127
عدد الـنقـاط : 157
مؤشر المستوى: 60
غرك غلاك has a spectacular aura aboutغرك غلاك has a spectacular aura about
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الآداب للبنات بالدمام
التخصص: English Literature
المستوى: المستوى السابع
غرك غلاك غير متواجد حالياً

[align=center]
بناااات مادري شفيني احس منسده نفسي ومو قادره اذاكر :s11:

من جد متخربطه من كثر الاوراق

مادري اذاكر من وين ولا من وين :011:

شسوووووووي :011:
[/align]
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2525
Angelica
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية Angelica
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 10096
تاريخ التسجيل: Mon Aug 2008
المشاركات: 1,142
عدد الـنقـاط : 1382
مؤشر المستوى: 77
Angelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud ofAngelica has much to be proud of
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الآداب
التخصص: English Literature
المستوى: خريج جامعي
Angelica غير متواجد حالياً

The rape of the lock 2 من التفريغ .. هذا شرح والا من النت ؟؟ يعني مهم يتذاكر والا احذفه ؟؟
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2526
Roony bnt 7sony
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الصورة الرمزية Roony bnt 7sony
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 40193
تاريخ التسجيل: Tue Nov 2009
المشاركات: 275
عدد الـنقـاط : 313
مؤشر المستوى: 62
Roony bnt 7sony Roony bnt 7sony Roony bnt 7sony Roony bnt 7sony
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كليه الاداب
التخصص: English literature
Roony bnt 7sony غير متواجد حالياً

السلام بنات

هذي حقت الدكتوره حصه من التفريغ

//

\\

john Milton
When I consider how my light is spent
We are going to start with john Milton. He is from the 17th century who we cannot ignore it at all when we study the seventeenth century. He has a great place because his apices.
We know that in the early of seventeenth century is full of events. We have studied and always repeat the same with every poet. The political, religious conflicts and the social as a result and the intellectual environment all of these elements have formed a different kind of literature.
John Milton was born in the early of the seventeenth century and he died at the restoration of the king. He was influenced by the conflict and the civil war and the coming of Cromwell.
Everyone has different react. He was on the side of the parliament and when Cromwell came he celebrated his family but at the same time he so cruel in his irony in criticizing what he doesn’t like. He didn’t influence by the ****************physical poets because he has his own style. He in fact was influenced more by the sixteenth century great figures like Spencer and Shakespeare.
He was influenced by the classics more than the ****************physical.
We can divide his life into three stages his personal life and his literary career:
The first stage: when he was young and he concentrates in his education. He was font of reading he read the classics he learned and mastered the Latin language and the Greek language he was ready to exposed to the original **************** he learned more European languages .
This means that he enriched his knowledge. He had a lot of things in this stage of his life.
He even learned Hebrew why?? He is Christian and learned the Hebrew
Because the Old Testament is written in Hebrew and the new is in Latin. He went to the sources .to get his own knowledge.
The second stage: he devoted his time to criticize and to deal with poets. He wrote many social maters. He cosintrait on writing (bathless) –essays-. He wrote some poem but his famous in this stage of his life in writing prose commenting on his political issue and the social problems.
The last stage: The last 14 years of his life he went blind .he was a religious man, he might face doubt as any human being but in fact he wrote the most memorable ethics in English literature. He wrote two epics and along important poem.
She will not ask us to write the biography of john.
Make use of what you have learned. When you discus a poem you can just hint that this poem discuses this stage of his life. This poem or this theme shows us or reflect you use this because after all, the poet is the man and the man is the poet
If h put himself in a place of another, some of his personality will appear. Even Andrew Marvell in his poem the dialogue he was so clever to step asay
And to convince us that this soul which speaking or the body which is speaking but at the end he sees all opinion although it is hidden but it still there.
John Milton has his own style. It doesn’t means that his images are so easy. It doesn’t mean that he a product of seventeenth century and somehow he should belong to sixteenth century.
But as we said he has his own style which somehow more related to invented kind of poetry which was popular in sixteenth century.
He was puritan and he was imprisoned because his opinions, also was imprisoned at the time of Cromwell even he was supporting him because his own idea and opinion.

The poem:
When I consider how my light is spent,
Ere half my days, in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent which is death to hide
Lodged with my useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Marker, and present 5
My true account, lest he returning chide;
“Doth God exact day-labor, light denied?”
I fondly ask; but patience to prevent
That murmur , soon replies , “God doth not need
Either mans work or his own gifts ; who best 10
Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best.his state
Is kingly.thousands at his biddig speed
And post o er land and ocean without rest:
They also serve who only stand and wait.

This is some of his beautiful sonnet; we said before that the sonnets during the seventeenth century were not as popular as the sixteenth century. At the sixteenth century, the sonnets were the most important form. Still they wrote at the seventeen c they wrote sonnets but it was religious .we feel that the language is the language of the sixteenth C poets. Not the language of Milton. This is the first impression.
The first thing you will see when you read the poem is the form .when we read it the first time we can see that we have a very long sentences and the meaning is not completed until the line number 11. Until the word (BEST). We don’t have divisions or sestet or octave. This is the first look.
The poem is started with a clause (when I consider…..) he is trying to look back to his life to see to make an evaluation
((WHEN I CONSIDER MY LIGHT IS SPENT)
Light means his life, his talent, we have light and darkness, and it means his days. Because his blindness all his days are nights, so when he was able to see and active, when I consider how my past life spent when I was still have my sight.
Ere half my days,
Now he is in the middle of his age, he became blind. So when I remember what I have done how my life is spent. How my days, years, age was spent before that time.
In this dark world and wide
He describe the world as dark because his blindness and because of the events the civil war and all these conflicts. He is trying to evaluate. The world also is wide. He is pessimistic.
And that one talent which is death to hide….
Talent means his talent as a poet, a writer, as a literary figure.
This word is the key word of the whole poem. He said that when I consider how my talent which I have will be hidden in death. When he becomes blind he lost his talent. He cannot produce more but he is still wishing to serve his maker –
God his maker- he now is disabling to write to serve God. We said that he is a puritan and he in fact started to write religious poetry when he was still 21 years old. This word alods to the bible to the New Testament. It refers to story in the bible and it has a deep meaning. The story is a narration about a king who had many servants to serve him. This king has three servants and he wants to travel for a long time and he wants to let the three servants take care of his money. He gives the first servant five coins-money- the second gave him two coins and the third servant gave him one coins. He travels for many years the first servant, he work and gain more five coins. The second servant also works and gains another two coins. The third one didn’t do anything with the coins and he hides it until his master came back. After many years the master came back and he wants to return his money. The king became happy from the two servants who investigated and work to his money but he was mad from the third one. The theme of the story is that God give us a talent. Each one of us had a talent.

What did you do with your ayes, your health, the money I gave you, with the chanses that I gave you. Every one of the servant did his best. This is the theme. He is settling alone and said to himself what did I do in my life before. Now my talent is lost but I want to serve God. I have the inergy but I don’t have the ability. He is satisfied about his past days but he worried about his coming days. this is the subject matter.
He is really worried if God is displeased of what he doing. We have a quotation mark. He is asking himself ,”doth God exact day-labor, light denied” because his talent of reading is too important to him he feel disport and he wants to day.
He asks himself does God apresheat the one who have more than the one who has less because he is disable.
I fondly ask; but patience to prevent
That murmur , soon replies , “God doth not need
Either mans work or his own gifts ; who best
Fond means foolish in old English. He knows from the very beginning that he shouldn’t ask such question. He is a religious man. He has faith. He shouldn’t ask this question. It means that he has doubts. Patience is capitalizes. Patience is one of the characteristic of the believers should have.
((To prevent that murmur)) it means that the question is not said loudly-openly-
((soon replies)) that God doesn’t need mans work or his own gifts. Nether his talent nor his works.

Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best.his state
Those who worship God best would deserve his acceptance. Those who show obedience and worship God as he like they serve God best .you don’t serve God through what you give. The talent that you have God gives you it. Worshiping God is through your talent that God gave you.
It is all connected together. You have to do your best in any condition. Even you have only one talent. You should work on it.
And post o er land and ocean without rest:
They also serve who only stand and wait.
God doesn’t need help from you. Thousands are worshiping him over oceans and lands. They only serve who only stand and wait. Who worship God properly and wait for the judgment day. Always the judgment day in front of his eyes.
You have to do your best
The theme is: the man has to do his best with the talent he has in order to serve God.
How could he discusses this theme and to make it understood by you. The subject matter is the poet blindness. This experience is too personal even his doubts he talked about it. Then he ends with the conclusion. He starts his poem pessimistic and ends it optimistic. He starting his poem showing his weakness and end it showing his power and hope. We have paradoxes: in line number one we have light and number two we have dark. Death and number four the soul. My true account means my faith and past life serving God. Murmur is stopped by faith.
Don’t forget that John Milton wrote his most significant works-paradise lost and paradise regained- when he was blind. Two religious apices.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2527
C a t h r e n
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الملف الشخصي:
C a t h r e n has a spectacular aura aboutC a t h r e n has a spectacular aura about
بيانات الطالب:

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة غرك غلاك مشاهدة المشاركة
[align=center]
بناااات مادري شفيني احس منسده نفسي ومو قادره اذاكر :s11:

من جد متخربطه من كثر الاوراق :cry111:

مادري اذاكر من وين ولا من وين :011:

شسوووووووي :011:
[/align]

نففففففففففففففففسي

>>من صحيت وأنا عالنت :(
>>أتهرب من الهم

بس قاعدة أشجع نفسي أبدأ عشان بعدين أنااااااااااام
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2528
C a t h r e n
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

[align=center]بنااااااااااااااااااااااات...

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 21 ( الأعضاء 9 والزوار 12)
‏C a t h r e n, ‏Aro0oj, ‏لعيونكـ وبس, ‏امممم نسيت, ‏ILMMSFM, ‏najooom, ‏Roony bnt 7sony, ‏sense, ‏

أحد سأل حصة أو عليا اش المهم...
أي تلميح من هنا ولاهنا

؟؟؟

[/align]
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2529
ريحة المطر
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط

الصورة الرمزية ريحة المطر
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 47246
تاريخ التسجيل: Tue Feb 2010
العمر: 34
المشاركات: 183
عدد الـنقـاط : 147
مؤشر المستوى: 60
ريحة المطر will become famous soon enoughريحة المطر will become famous soon enough
بيانات الطالب:
التخصص: English Literture
ريحة المطر غير متواجد حالياً

يعطيكم العاافيه بناات والله يوفق الجميع
متابعتكم من العصر وما قصرتم
بس الى الآن ما احد اضاف شي عن المقارنه بين song and a song
وبعد a dialogue between the soul and the body:c8:

ياليت اللي عندها شي عنهم تفيدنا فيه وبالتوفيييق:s12:
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 15   #2530
نقوش جدار
أكـاديـمـي فـضـي

الصورة الرمزية نقوش جدار
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 45845
تاريخ التسجيل: Mon Jan 2010
العمر: 30
المشاركات: 553
عدد الـنقـاط : 218
مؤشر المستوى: 64
نقوش جدار has a spectacular aura aboutنقوش جدار has a spectacular aura aboutنقوش جدار has a spectacular aura about
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: جآمعة الملك فيصل
التخصص: -
المستوى: المستوى الأول
نقوش جدار غير متواجد حالياً

<<~ جننتوني بقوم أنـآم أخر شي ..
مآكفلكنو ذي من متى شرحتهـآ ؟؟ "~ ماني مذآكرتهآ تولي ..

أحسآسي الأمتحان بكره بيكون سهل ..
أصلآ ملينآ من كثر مآ نذآكر هالقصآيد أحسس ..

موفقين ..}
ولآ يجيكم أكتئآب على شعر!
خشووه للهندي ههههه ..
سلآم
  رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
2nd, cafe, english, students, year

« الموضوع السابق | الموضوع التالي »

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 5 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 5)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Fourth year ENGLISH students mesho ~ منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام 138 2010- 8- 15 04:49 PM