ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام

العودة   ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام > ساحة طلاب وطالبات الإنتظام > ملتقى طلاب الانتظام جامعة الإمام عبدالرحمن (الدمام) > ملتقى كليات العلوم والأداب - جامعة الإمام عبدالرحمن > منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام
التسجيل الكويزاتإضافة كويزمواعيد التسجيل التعليمـــات المجموعات  

منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام ; مساحة للتعاون و تبادل الخبرات بين طالبات كلية الآداب بالدمام و نقل آخر الأخبار و المستجدات .

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2631
Gladiolus
أكـاديـمـي مـشـارك

الصورة الرمزية Gladiolus
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 48033
تاريخ التسجيل: Thu Feb 2010
العمر: 32
المشاركات: 3,187
الـجنــس : أنـثـى
عدد الـنقـاط : 326
مؤشر المستوى: 90
Gladiolus Gladiolus Gladiolus Gladiolus
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الاداب بالدمام
الدراسة: انتظام
التخصص: English
المستوى: المستوى الثامن
 الأوسمة و جوائز  بيانات الاتصال بالعضو  اخر مواضيع العضو
Gladiolus غير متواجد حالياً
رد: New plan 2nd year level 4

اكت 1 سين1
من البدايه الى الصفحه الثانيه هيز مورشيبس انسينت

وفي بصفحه 17 الكوتيشن الي فوق قبل سين 2 بس مو متاكده من وين لوين

ياليت اذا في اضافات تضيفونها
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2632
mrs:mn
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 44901
تاريخ التسجيل: Sat Jan 2010
المشاركات: 112
عدد الـنقـاط : 100
مؤشر المستوى: 60
mrs:mn will become famous soon enoughmrs:mn will become famous soon enough
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الاداب
mrs:mn غير متواجد حالياً

COME live with me and be my Love,

And we will all the pleasures prove

That hills and valleys, dale and field,

And all the craggy mountains yield.

What kind of love, what kind of offer is he going to give her?

He is going to give her all the romantic pleasures to enjoy materialistic kind of love.

There is direct address COME live with me

Pleasures= physical joys, not spiritual.

These pleasures are physical not spiritualروحانى. They will try all kinds of pleasures.

hills and valleys, dale and field,

And all the craggy mountains yield.

Here, he is describing nature, the beautiful nature of surrounding.

They are going to enjoy sight seeing, walking in the valleys.

There are hills, valleys, mountains, grooves. We have raw –untamed nature= untouched by man; not cultivated nature.

He is going to take her to the valleys, to the grooves, to the fields, to the woods, to the mountains. He is going to take her and show her all the pleasures of the pastoral life.

In the first stanza, the speaker invites his beloved to come and to live with him, to be his love. Here, we have a direct seductionخداع- اغراء. He is seducing her. He tries to attract her attention with the pleasures of life.

Here, we have a seductive tone.

They will enjoy all the pleasures of the pastoral natural beauty of the setting.

There will we sit upon the rocks 5

And see the shepherds feed their flocks,

By shallow rivers, to whose falls

Melodious birds sing madrigals.

They will sit upon the rocks; watch the shepherdsراعى feeding their flocks. They will hear the music of nature; the singing of the birds, the flowing of the rivers. The sound of water is a beautiful natural music.

madrigals= songs without music.

This is one of the actions they are going to do; to set on the rocks, to watch the shepherd take care of their sheep, to listen to the music of nature, the sound of the water falls and the sound of the signing birds.

There will I make thee beds of roses

And a thousand fragrant posies, 10

A cap of flowers, and a kirtle

Embroider'd all with leaves of myrtle.

In this stanza, we have the promises he gives her. He promises her that he will make her a bed of roses.

posies= kinds of flowers

It is a beautiful seductive atmosphere. He is going to make her a cap of flowers and a kirtle= gown of flowers.

Myrtle= a kind of trees with shiny small flowers that has a beautiful scent.

The flowery dress he is going to make her is embroidered مطرزwith the myrtle so that it will give her a kind of shining. It will be glittering with all of the beautiful flowers of nature.

We should notice the innocence and the simplicity بساطةof the speaker here. He is not going to give her diamonds or gold because he is a shepherd, a poor man. He lives in nature. All the riches that he owns are from nature.

A gown made of the finest wool

Which from our pretty lambs we pull,

Fair linèd slippers for the cold, 15

With buckles of the purest gold.

It is winter, it is very cold. He is going to make her a gown made of the finest wool to warm her body in winter. He is going to take the wool from his lambs. It is going to be very soft and very warm.

He will not leave her feet cold. He will make her slippers for the cold. They are going to be lined with wool. He is going to decorate the slippers حذاءwith buckles of the purest gold. These are all the beautiful gifts he is going to offer her. He is going to give her more gifts.

A belt of straw and ivy buds

With coral clasps and amber studs:

And if these pleasures may thee move,

Come live with me and be my Love.

He is going to make her a belt that will surround her waist to protect her. This belt is not made of leather. It is made of straw of hay. It has ivy buds= small flowers.

With coral clasps and amber studs

He is going to make claspsمشبك for the belt made of coralالمرجان. He is going to decorate it with amberعنبر studsمجوهرات.

All the elements he is using are natural elements. We have a colorful image.

Thy silver dishes for thy meat

As precious as the gods do eat,

Shall on an ivory table be

Prepared each day for thee and me.

The shepherd swains shall dance and sing 25

For thy delight each May-morning:

If these delights thy mind may move,

Then live with me and be my Love.

They will not be alone. They will have the company of the shepherds. They will join them and provide them with pleasure and company. He is not going to live with her alone in this beautiful nature.

If all of these delights will make her to decide , she will live with him and be his love.

It is a very beautiful pastoral lyrical poem. It expresses a kind of sincere مخلصmood. The speaker here is not tricking يخدعthe lady. The invitation is sincere because he is a shepherd who lives in nature.

The poem has a seductive tone. We do not have any response of the lady.

The argument in the poem seems to be a dreamy fancy of the speaker. As if he is sure that his beloved will accept this imaginative world.

The world of the poem is a world of simplicity. It is a simple world. It is a world of love' a very beautiful world.

In the pastoral lyric, it seems timeless. This is the pastoral life. It is always timeless. There is no limit of the time. It is continuous into the pastoral setting.

The poet is trying to idealize the setting he is living in by showing all these pleasures. It is as if there are no hardshipsصعاب. The poet makes the life of the shepherd a world of fantasyخيال, of pleasure.

The poet- Marlowe is an urban مدنىcitizen who lives in the city. Most of the urban citizens think of the life of the country as a world of blessنعمة, a world of heaven because city life is full of stresses and difficulties but the country life is more symbol.

Q- What is the theme of the poem?

The theme of the poem is Cartesian = a Latin word that means = seize ينتهز الفرصةthe day= make use of the moment.

the poet has talked about the ideal life of the countryside as it is close to nature- the untamed nature= nature that is not touched by man; pure nature that is full of innocence, beauty, with great gifts of nature.

The poem is written in 6 stanzas. It is written in couplets.

We have some kind of repetition.

Come live with me and be my Love.

It is the first line of the poem, then it is repeated in the last two stanzas as a refrain= a line that occurs at the end of each stanza repeatedly. It is either a word, phrase or a line or a couple of lines that is repeated at the end of every stanza.

Here, we have the first line of the poem repeated after many stanzas at the last and before the last stanza. He repeated his invitation twice to make her condensed.

The first line in the poem, he invites her. Then he repeated the lines after he showed her the actions they are going to do, the promises, the gifts he is going to give her. Then he repeats the line again, the invitation again to emphasize his invitation and to show that he in sincere, that he is not a playful lover, to show that he is honest in his invitation, faithful in his love.

The language is so informal- very simple kind of language because it is a pastoral lyric; things that are related to nature.

We have several images, color images.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2633
Gladiolus
أكـاديـمـي مـشـارك

الصورة الرمزية Gladiolus
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 48033
تاريخ التسجيل: Thu Feb 2010
المشاركات: 3,187
عدد الـنقـاط : 326
مؤشر المستوى: 90
Gladiolus Gladiolus Gladiolus Gladiolus
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الاداب بالدمام
الدراسة: انتظام
التخصص: English
المستوى: المستوى الثامن
Gladiolus غير متواجد حالياً

الوقت يمشي وانا باقي اححوووس بالششعر صععب يبيله
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2634
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

SONNET 73

PARAPHRASE

That time of year thou mayst in me behold

In me you can see that time of year

When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang

When a few yellow leaves or none at all hang

Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,

On the branches, shaking against the cold,

Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.

Bare ruins of church choirs where lately the sweet birds sang.

In me thou seest the twilight of such day

In me you can see only the dim light that remains

As after sunset fadeth in the west,

After the sun sets in the west,

Which by and by black night doth take away,

Which is soon extinguished by black night,

Death's second self, that seals up all in rest.

The image of death that envelops all in rest.

In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire

I am like a glowing ember

That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,

Lying on the dying flame of my youth,

As the death-bed whereon it must expire,

As on the death bed where it must finally expire,

Consum'd with that which it was nourish'd by.

Consumed by that which once fed it.

This thou perceivest, which makes thy love more strong,

This you sense, and it makes your love more determined

To love that well which thou must leave ere long.

Causing you to love that which you must give up before long.

Here we have a speaker who is talking about time. Time is preciousقيم. Time is passing. We can never restore a second. It is a kind of a wheel.

That time of year thou mayst in me behold

When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang

Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,

Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.

It is like a series, a chain, small circles connected together.

First, he talks about the time of year. He is referring to a stage in his life. It is autumn that presents a stage in man's life that is old age= the stage of decayالفساد.

What happens in nature in autumn?

The leaves turn into yellow, then brownish and they fall.

Autumn is a season of decay, a season of old age.

The speaker here is addressing someone saying that he can see in him that time of year. He compares himself to late autumn. Autumn is a season of barenessتجرد= no productivity of nature. He compares himself to the season of autumn which is a season of bareness- no leaves, no fruit.

In autumn, we could see the trees as barren, nicked, very few leaves or merely no leaves, or yellow leaves.

Autumn is a cold season. When cold wind comes, it shakes the trees and all of the boughs of all the leaves.

choirs= group of young children in the church who sing.

Bare ruin'd choirs= destroyed.

He is talking about churches with no singers, churches that are deserted. It is like a ruin= a place that is deserted, destroyed. This is church with no choirs is a barren church. No body comes. No body is singing. The birds here are associated with a choir. A choir in the church is like birds singing.

These are visual images.

The main idea in the first quatrain is that the speaker compares himself to the autumn season; an indication of bareness and decay.

In me thou seest the twilight of such day

As after sunset fadeth in the west,

Which by and by black night doth take away,

Death's second self, that seals up all in rest.

twilight= a time when the day starts to end and the dark approaches. It is an indication of the death of the day. In him, he can see that time of day. When the sun sets, the lights of the day start to creep and go down. It is conquered by the arrival of the night.
black night= the night is described like a warrior that is taking over, controlling.
Death's second self= it is a metaphor. The night is like death's second self. The night is associated with death. The black night is like death's second self.

The language is metaphorical.

In the first quatrain, he compares himself to the late autumn- a season in nature that represents decay and old age.

In the second quatrain, he moves to the day, how time changes; at the end of the day, the twilight, when the sun sets غروب الشمسand the night takes over. It is the ending of the time. Time is passing; the hours of the day are passing.

In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire

That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,

As the death-bed whereon it must expire,

Consum'd with that which it was nourish'd by.

We can not start a fire with ashesرماد. Fire can not be reborn out of its ashes. The fire is consumed .when there is no wood, no food, the fire will end. The ashes are like the death bed- the coffin of the fire. The wood that once was the food, it helps the fire to be consumedتستهلك.
The idea in the third quatrain is that the speaker here lost his power, his energy when youth is passed.

This thou perceivest, which makes thy love more strong,

To love that well which thou must leave ere long.

perceive= to have a conception about something
It is love in general. One's love should be stronger. It should go stronger by the passing of time. One should seize the chance to love because time is running. Time is going on. It never stops.

The themes of the whole poem are about the passing of time.

The couplet is addressed to a friend of the poet and to the poet himself. The speaker here is Shakespeare himself- not to lose- not to waste time.

The sonnet focuses on the narrator's anxiety. The speaker is in great anxiety over growing old. Each quatrain compares "the time of year " with various examples of passing time in nature.

The metaphors are shortened in duration from month, hours and to minutes.

The poem is metaphorical, rich of metaphors. There are so many visual images, tactile imagery- that make the poem beautiful.

The language is metaphorical. It is written in iambic pentameter.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2635
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

محاضرات منزلتهم الدكتوره منيره على البلاك بورد
الملفات المرفقة
نوع الملف: pptx Christopher Marlowe(2).pptx‏ (57.5 كيلوبايت, المشاهدات 712) تحميل الملفإضافة الملف لمفضلتكعرض الملف
نوع الملف: pptx Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey.pptx‏ (2.07 ميجابايت, المشاهدات 166) تحميل الملفإضافة الملف لمفضلتكعرض الملف
نوع الملف: pptx My Galley.pptx‏ (240.4 كيلوبايت, المشاهدات 1118) تحميل الملفإضافة الملف لمفضلتكعرض الملف
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2636
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

هذي البقيه
الملفات المرفقة
نوع الملف: pptx Sir Philip Sidney(1).pptx‏ (74.8 كيلوبايت, المشاهدات 115) تحميل الملفإضافة الملف لمفضلتكعرض الملف
نوع الملف: pptx Sleep,Sidney.pptx‏ (74.1 كيلوبايت, المشاهدات 432) تحميل الملفإضافة الملف لمفضلتكعرض الملف
نوع الملف: pptx That Time of the Year (1).pptx‏ (88.3 كيلوبايت, المشاهدات 258) تحميل الملفإضافة الملف لمفضلتكعرض الملف
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2637
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

شرح سونيت 12

Sonnet 12
Original Text
Modern Text
When I do count the clock that tells the time,
And see the brave day sunk in hideous night;
When I behold the violet past prime,
And sable curls all silvered o'er with white;
When lofty trees I see barren of leaves,
Which erst from heat did canopy the herd,
And summer’s green all girded up in sheaves
Borne on the bier with white and bristly beard;
Then of thy beauty do I question make,
That thou among the wastes of time must go,
Since sweets and beauties do themselves forsake
And die as fast as they see others grow,
And nothing 'gainst Time’s scythe can make defense
Save breed to brave him when he takes thee hence.
When I look at the clock and notice time ticking away, and see splendid day sink into hideous night; when I see the violet wilt and curly black hair turn white with age; when I see tall trees that once provided shade for herds now barren of leaves, and the summer’s crops tied up and hauled to the barn as if summer itself were an old man being carried off to his grave—then I have doubts about the fate of your beauty, since you too will have to undergo the ravages of time. Sweet and beautiful creatures don’t stay that way; they die as fast as they see others grow. And there’s no defense against Time’s destructive power, except perhaps to have children—to defy Time when he takes you away.

The most significant word here is TIME
The sonneteer is establishing a kind of parallel method of measuring the passage of time in different things. .
When I do count the clock that tells the time,
The speaker is in a state of counting the clock that tells the time. Here, he is talking about the day- the cycle of nature.
First of all, he started with time in general. Then he discusses day and night. He started with the day. And see the brave day sunk in hideous night;
He personified the day as a brave man because he is going to face night. He is going to die.
Night is described as hideous, horrible. he is giving antitheses- contrast between hideous and brave, day and night.
The clock tells about the passage of time. The day is dying. it sunk in the hideous night. This is the cycle of night.
When I behold the violet past prime,
Violet= is a kind of flower that dies at the end of the season. They can not survive a season; can not live longer than a season. This is the cycle of nature. The violet has to die.
And sable curls all silvered o'er with white;
Sable= dark black curls of hair, when man gets old, they turn into white.
Nature has a cycle of birth, growth and death. Every thing in nature passes this circle- time- man- plants ……. all of these cycles are collected together.
in the first stanza, we could see the sequence, the passage of time , day goes to night, flowers die, black hair turns into white….. This is all about the passage of time in nature and in youth as well, life = birth- growth- decay- death . in the first quatrain, he concentrates on the day
2nd quatrain;
When lofty trees I see barren of leaves,
Which erst from heat did canopy the herd,
He concentrates on nature . All of the leaves die. Trees are there naked. the trees are barren. There are no leaves on the trees
erst= former- before canopy= covering
During summer, these trees with rich green leaves used to provide shield for the sheep , to protect them from the heat of the sun. But now, in autumn season, there are no more leaves.
And summer’s green all girded up in sheaves
Borne on the bier with white and bristly beard;
Sheaves= bundle- bunch
It is the harvest time, the time of collecting fruits. Summer is a season of harvest. The green leaves are now taken. There are no leaves.
bier= cart- carriage in which fruits are taken to the market
bristly= coarse- thick – stiff = the farmer is an aged man who is talking the cart to the market
Here, we have a progression of season, autumn then summer which is the harvest season. This is the cycle of nature
Then of thy beauty do I question make,
That thou among the wastes of time must go,
Since sweets and beauties do themselves forsake
And die as fast as they see others grow,
thy= your
He is addressing the young man. He is part of the cycle of nature. He is going to grow old. His beauty will fade away.
Time is passing. It can not be preserved. It can not be retreated. Time is moving. All of the beauties in nature change. They die as they see others grow. His beauty can not be preserved for ever. It is similar to the cycle of nature.
And nothing 'gainst Time’s scythe can make defense
Save breed to brave him when he takes thee hence.

scythe = منجل
Time here is personified as a human being with a scythe cutting it continuously because time is always moving. Nothing can stand against it. Time is personified as a powerful human being; no body could stand against this courageous, powerful strong time.
breed= offspring
The only way that we can defy time, to stand against it is by marrying and having offspring. Marriage is the only way to preserve his beauty.
The speaker is concise. He is going to have offspring to defy time. He will die. Before he dies, he should bring offspring to preserve his features.
The couplet here says that nothing can stand against time.
The poet urges his friend to have children who will carry his name, inherit his beauty, his qualities. This is a way of resisting the pass of time.
The sonnet establishes a kind of parallelism, a parallel method of measuring time, nature and youth.
Time is passing; it has its own cycle. Youth grows old and then die.
This is the idea of dying and decay.
What is the theme of the sonnet?
It is the theme of time and mutability, change .
It is written in Shakespearian structure; three quatrains and a couplet. Each quatrain begins with a clause. These clauses reflect the change of time.
We have a lot of musical devices
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2638
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

بنات دعواتكم لي
شوي وانزل للمسرح
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2639
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

شرح مبسط لبعض الكوتيشينات

Act I Scene I
Iago is talking to Roderigo. Iago is expressing that he hates Othello. He gives his reasons why he hates Othello.
Roderigo wants to woo Desdemona but she falls in love and marries Othello.
Enter RODMERIGO and IAGO
RODERIGO and IAGO enter.
RODERIGO
Tush! Never tell me. I take it much unkindly
That thou, Iago, who hast had my purse
As if the strings were thine, shouldst know of this.
RODERIGO
Come on, don’t tell me that. I don’t like it that you knew about this, Iago. All this time I’ve thought you were such a good friend that I’ve let you spend my money as if it was yours.
IAGO
'Sblood, but you’ll not hear me! If ever I did dream of such a matter, abhor me.
IAGO
Damn it, you’re not listening to me! I never dreamed this was happening—if you find out I did, you can go ahead and hate me.
RODERIGO
Thou told’st me
Thou didst hold him in thy hate.
RODERIGO
You told me you hated him.
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012- 5- 20   #2640
أكـاديـمـي نــشـط
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

بنات ترا الكوتيشن معيود مرتين مره باللغه الجديده ومره باللغه القديمه عشان تفهمونه
  رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

« الموضوع السابق | الموضوع التالي »

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 5 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 5)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
[ اللغة الانجليزية ] : New plan .. 3rd year level six أوكَسجين * منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام 2002 2012- 9- 1 09:46 PM
السيره الذاتيه للدكتور محمد العقيل كرستالة القصيم ارشيف المستوى 2 تربية خاصة 38 2011- 6- 5 03:30 AM
بعيدا عن جو الدراسه - البحث عن غواصه اختفت في القطب الشمالي - صور ههههههه ابن فـــهـــد ملتقى المواضيع العامة 50 2011- 4- 27 02:39 PM
البحث عن غواصة اختفت في القطب الشمالي - صور ابن فـــهـــد ملتقى المواضيع العامة 0 2011- 4- 27 08:34 AM
خدمة الفرد والجماعة علم الاجتماع1 اجتماع 3 11 2011- 1- 8 09:58 PM