ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام

العودة   ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام > ساحة طلاب وطالبات الإنتظام > ملتقى طلاب الانتظام جامعة الإمام عبدالرحمن (الدمام) > ملتقى كليات العلوم والأداب - جامعة الإمام عبدالرحمن > منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام
التسجيل الكويزاتإضافة كويزمواعيد التسجيل التعليمـــات المجموعات  

منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام ; مساحة للتعاون و تبادل الخبرات بين طالبات كلية الآداب بالدمام و نقل آخر الأخبار و المستجدات .

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3121
نــونــه
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية نــونــه
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 59127
تاريخ التسجيل: Fri Sep 2010
المشاركات: 1,408
الـجنــس : أنـثـى
عدد الـنقـاط : 3418
مؤشر المستوى: 74
نــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond repute
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: جامعة الملك فيصل
الدراسة: انتساب
التخصص: ادارة أعمال
المستوى: المستوى الأول
 الأوسمة و جوائز  بيانات الاتصال بالعضو  اخر مواضيع العضو
نــونــه غير متواجد حالياً
رد: third year english student second term

honey
قلته من دون ما اقراه .. بس جمله نسيتها ورجعت قريتها ..

ولمن كانت باولا تسأل.. كانت تبكي .. فأنا غيرت نبرت صوتي شوي

فقط..
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3122
نــونــه
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية نــونــه
الملف الشخصي:
نــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond reputeنــونــه has a reputation beyond repute
بيانات الطالب:

بنات بليز .. احتاج تفريغ شعر حق د. فوزية ..

بليييز ماعندي شي اذاكر منه .. عندي اوراقها حقت العام .. بس في قصائد مختلفه ..\

بليز يعني صيروا خوات ونزلوها هنا ..
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3123
نــونــه
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية نــونــه
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3124
LMo0o
أكـاديـمـي ذهـبـي

الصورة الرمزية LMo0o
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 46874
تاريخ التسجيل: Fri Feb 2010
العمر: 33
المشاركات: 711
عدد الـنقـاط : 103
مؤشر المستوى: 66
LMo0o will become famous soon enoughLMo0o will become famous soon enough
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: جامعه الدمام كلية الاداب
الدراسة: انتظام
التخصص: English literature
المستوى: خريج جامعي
LMo0o غير متواجد حالياً

حسافه ما دخلت هنا قبل امتحان اللغويات "البايخ"
وشفت وش السالفه .. لانه جد صدمه .. الله يسامحه

الله يسهل وننجح

اما بالنسبه للدراما انا شعبة الاثنين
وابي امثل بس ما معي احد .. اقدر احفظ جزئيه وامثلها لحالي ؟؟
واللي وده تمثل معي تقولي برسالة
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3125
ريم خان
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الصورة الرمزية ريم خان
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 52454
تاريخ التسجيل: Sun Jun 2010
المشاركات: 224
عدد الـنقـاط : 50
مؤشر المستوى: 60
ريم خان will become famous soon enough
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كليه الاداب با الدمام
التخصص: انجليزي
المستوى: المستوى السابع
ريم خان غير متواجد حالياً

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة نــونــه مشاهدة المشاركة

وش القصايد الي تبينها ؟؟؟
لان عندي بعضهم ما تفرغوا فما وصلتني
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3126
ريم خان
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الصورة الرمزية ريم خان
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

بنات بالنسبه لواجب الدراما
التفريغ ما وصل نبي نحل الواجب اي احد عنده معلومات وش شلون نحله يكتب الله يعطيه العافيه
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3127
ريم خان
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الصورة الرمزية ريم خان
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة نــونــه مشاهدة المشاركة

My last Dutch'
Browning had an un conventional way of education , he was a young spirited young man , he was greatly influenced by Shelly and Shelly as you know is an earthiest a non believer. Browning read great books in his father's library, browning developed this tendency of reading with his father stories talking about crime and this early knowledge of the mentality of crime made him a great studier psychology of his characters and you will see this clear in the poems that we are going to study.
Browning first work Pauline was a failure, because his poetry was obscure = difficult to understand, because his poetry demanded a special kind of a reader, a reader who is knowledgeable, his reader must be well educated otherwise he won't be able to understand , so the critics criticized his poetry and obscurity.
He was born in 1812 and died in 1889, one of the critics said that browning is a self centered poet, he does not help the reader to know more about his literary works, what we will notice about browning that he is really interested in the medieval renaissance period , the Italian renaissance , most of the titles of the poems are related to Italian names , to Latin names. Then browning tried writing plays when one of the writers asked him to write a performance play , but unfortunately the play was a failure , he wrote many other plays but unfortunately these plays were not successful.
How did this experience of writing plays affected him???
This influenced him in knowing how to develop his own style in dramatic monologue , he has the recognition as the poet who developed the dramatic monologue and he paved the way to what is known in the modern time by the stream of consciousness method in literature .
Browning created his Bells and Pomegranateswhich was a collection, it has 2 magnificent pomes that they established the reputation of browning: My Last Duchess and The Soliloquy Of The Spanish Cloister.
Now usually when you read you will find the names of Tennyson and Browning together in the Victorian poetry , both are representative of the Victorian poetry. But browning is not like Tennyson in trying to give a moral lesson through his works, but he was fascinated in creating characters that will speak for themselves, there will be no personal or subjective interference from the poet.
This reputation encouraged browning to meat Elizabeth barrette browning, she paid him tribute in Geraldine courtship and then they started their relationship, and here we could see the romantic side of browning , when he felt that she is sick , he fell in love with her , convinced her in marrying him and they both ran away to Italy. So we see the romantic influence of Shelly here , the romantic feeling of the poet towards another poet.
Elizabeth Barrette was more famous than her husband Robert browning during her life time but after her death browning developed his abilities , he wrote many collections of literary works, men and women which is one of his great collections but then at the end he wrote magnificent poems entitled The Ring And The Book this poem talks about an old story which occurred in the 14th or the 15th c it talks about a trial in court, in the trial we have a husband who is married to a young girl but she did not like him so she ran away with a priest to go back to her country and family , the husband was very frustrated, he was of a higher monarchy status but the girl was rich , usually at that time girls provide the husband with the dowry and the higher his name is she must pay more , because of his anger he followed the girl and he killed both the girl and the parents , of course there was a trial which actually by chance browning discovered what is called the yellow book and he found the trial there after this storey he created his master piece The Ring And The Book.
The Ring And The Book is a kind of a dramatic monologue a very long speeches by different characters , the husband , the wife , the priest ..
Browning after the death of his wife he returned to England with his son and he became well known the court and in the Victorian social life.
My Last Duchess
Who is the speaker here???
The speaker is the duke of Ferrara, he speaks about a picture about his late wife she has the rank of a duchess , so he speaks about her portrait , he accuses her of flirting with other men but he does not accuse her of adultery ,but the way she smiles to other men made him angry so he stopped her smile by killing her " I gave commands.." actually if you back historically in that period of time , if a woman is accused of adultery her husband can put an end to her life , or he could send her to a convent it was a code at that time.
After this horrible confession of murder nobody spoke , it was a silent audience actually the audience there was an envoy from another count who was sent in order to negotiate another marriage , he said that he is not interested about the dowry in the same time he is interested about the behavior of the other bride which indicates that she will face the same end of his first wife if she does not behave well.
That’s my last Duchess painted on the wall,

He addresses his deceased wife as a painting as a work of art , he is in love with that painting because he is an artist he has a great aesthetic taste , he is in love with the work of art but not the woman herself
Looking as if she were alive. I call
That piece a wonder, now: Fra Pandolf’s hands
Worked busily a day, and there she stands.

Look at the opening lines , when the speaker addresses his wife as ( that ) he dehumanizes her, the portrait and the woman in the portrait are under his control. The portrait is well done as if the woman in it is a real human being , which means that the artist who painted the portrait is a great talented one , look how he is proud of his judgment he loves art he has a good eye in judging a work of art , he can distinguish between good and bad art. Pandolf’s = is the artist but he is not a real artist ,he is an imaginary artist that browning created. Pandolf’s hands Worked busily a day,= look at the mocking tone here of course he painted it before he killed her, as if he forced him to finish the portrait in a day. Look at the proud tone , the mocking tone , as if he ordered him to finish quickly in a few days so then he will execute his wife.
Will’t please you sit and look at her? I said

The duke invites the envoy to sit , and this invitation indicates that there are going to be more revelations, more secrets to be unfold to the envoy. Sit + look = revelation of more secrets
“Fra Pandolf” by design, for never read
Look how he repeats the name of the artist , of course this is not a real artist ,but the way he repeats his name indicates that he is a great artist of that time.

Strangers like you that pictured countenance,
The depth and passion of its earnest glance,
But to myself they turned (since none puts by
The curtain I have drawn for you, but I)

This beautiful portrait is covered by curtains , why??? Because he does not want anyone to see her smile , he is jealous, he wants all the smiles to be for him only or for the ones he allows them to see it, he do not love her , but he took the beauty and he put it in a work of art. When the envoy sat dawn certain expressions appeared on his face, he has questions that he would not dare to ask, the duke did not allow him to speak, the duke said, strangers like you they do not dare to ask about the expressions in that portrait. Countenance = visage = facial expressions. This indicates something about the duke's character , he is a dictator. Even the servants are not allowed to draw the curtains , he is the only one to do that, he is the one who controls the portrait and the life so he is like a god figure ,before and after her death. We have passion + earnest glance and smiles as if she was alive that is why he hides it because he is jealous , he does not want anyone to enjoy the liveliness of the portrait but him, we are going deep in the psychology of the duke.
And seemed as they would ask me, if they durst,
How such a glance came there; so, not the first

Because the portrait is passionate so lively everybody wants to ask questions but they do not dare to ask the duke about such beauty and glow in that portrait , so the duke says you are not the only person with the same facial expressions when you saw the portrait but you do not have the courage to ask.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/29C2%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Are you to turn and ask thus. Sir, ’twas not
Her husband’s presence only, called that spot
Of joy into the Duchess’ cheek: perhaps
Fra Pandolf chanced to say “Her mantle laps
Over my lady’s wrist too much,” or “Paint
reasons for the beauty and liveliness of
Must never hope to reproduce the faint
the portrait
Half-flush that dies along her throat”: such stuff
Was courtesy, she thought, and cause enough
For calling up that spot of joy. She had

The duke here tries to explain how this spot of joy came on the face of the duchess , why she is smiling and blushing?! Why could you see the liveliness in her, may because at the time of painting the portrait she was wearing a low décolleté dress and that the painter commented that she should loosen the upper part of her dress and maybe she felt shy because of his comment, and shyness created the glow that was depicted by the artist , this is one suggestion from the duke the other one that she was glowing because of the presence of her husband's =we feel his jealousy. So may be the artist is giving a kind of compliment because he says I cannot reproduce the same flush through the colors , because her color is natural, or maybe it is courtesy. This indicates how beautiful , fare and young she is, full of life and color.
A heart—how shall I say?—too soon made glad,
Too easily impressed; she liked whate’er
She looked on, and her looks went everywhere.

Look at the elaborate description of the duchess, — look at the dash it indicates that there are other things, we feel suspicious, anything can please her, he does not like this description of her nor her other descriptions, she is of a good nature , she is innocent , she is pure ,she is joyful she liked whatever she saw, she looks everywhere like a child.
Sir, ’twas all one! My favour at her breast,
The dropping of the daylight in the West,

She loves him but at the same time she likes something else , which is sunset = she loves him similar to the way she loves the sunset and this is unsatisfactory for the duke
The bough of cherries some officious fool
Broke in the orchard for her, the white mule

Even if a peasant broke in an orchard and brought her something from there she would be pleased from him as if she was pleased from the duke, she is childish , she rides the mule in the garden , all the things that she does the duke feels that she equalizes him
She rode with round the terrace—all and each
Would draw from her alike the approving speech,

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/29C2%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]Everything she likes and love even my love it is all the same, we feel that is normal of a young girl , she is full of life and she loves everything ,her behavior is natural because she is young but for him because he is an aged man he will not accept such behavior
Or blush, at least. She thanked men,—good! but thanked
Somehow—I know not how—as if she ranked very significant lines
My gift of a nine-hundred-years-old name
With anybody’s gift. Who’d stoop to blame

She thanked men then look at the dash — then we have good! We feel some kind of suspicion, but when we see the word good we understand that she did not committed adultery she flirts with men , we could feel the suspicious husband here is injured with his wife's childish behavior, he feels insulted by her actions. He has given her a great gift and that is his name and his name extends back in history 900 years old but she equalizes his great gift with anything , similar to when she is given a bow of cherry, or when she rides the mule ..he felt insulted, he is hurt because she does not find pride in his 900 years name .
This sort of trifling? Even had you skill
In speech—(which I have not)—to make your will
Quite clear to such an one, and say, “Just this
Or that in you disgusts me; here you miss,
Or there exceed the mark”—and if she let

He feels in capable of directing , he do not want to direct her because if he does such a think it will be humiliating for him , he will lower his great status as a duke by directing her.
Herself be lessoned so, nor plainly set
Her wits to yours, forsooth, and made excuse,
—E’en then would be some stooping; and I choose
Never to stoop. Oh sir, she smiled, no doubt,
If he directs her she will listen to him or she might not but he feels superior he will never lower himself for someone else , so we could feel the pride.

Whene’er I passed her; but who passed without
Much the same smile? This grew; I gave commands;

Whenever I pass she smiles to me but she also smiles to everybody else that is why he covers her portrait with a curtain , is this a normal person???NO he psychologically distorted in a way , but at the same time we will see fascinating things about this character , look at the confession of murder , he confesses his guilt.
Then all smiles stopped together. There she stands
As if alive. Will’t please you rise? We’ll meet

He has taken the life of a human being and imprisoned it in a work of art, he has taken the life and displayed only the beauty, all of a sudden after the horrible and shocking confession of murder , he orders politely the envoy who was sitting looking, listening and does speak , they are in the upper floor and the envoy was waiting downstairs with the guests , so he took the envoy upstairs to show him the portrait , he asks him to sit down show him the portrait tell him the story and they went down.
The company below, then. I repeat,
The Count your master’s known munificence
Is ample warrant that no just pretence
Of mine for dowry will be disallowed;

We are shocked as readers , he confesses murdering his wife and now he is talking about another marriage arrangement!!! He tells the envoy I am sure that the count will not disallow me the dowry that I deserve I repeat, which means that he said this before, that the generosity of your master is a great guarantee that I will receive the dowry that I deserve as a duke.
Though his fair daughter’s self, as I avowed
At starting, is my object. Nay, we’ll go
Together down, sir. Notice Neptune, though,
Taming a sea-horse, thought a rarity,
Which Claus of Innsbruck cast in bronze for me!
He says I am not interested in the money , but he is a hypocrite he loves money because through money he can buy works of art. He reveals his intentions , that he is interested in the character of the countess, while they were going down the stairs the duke was referring to a work of art Neptune = is the god of the sea and this is a kind of a sculpture taming a sea-horse and this is a rare work of art , it was created privately for the duke, it is very symbolic, Neptune taming a sea-horse, what does this connotes to the duke???
That he is going to tame his future wife if she does not behave well otherwise she will face the same destiny of the previous wife.
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3128
Sara Bnt Thomas
أكـاديـمـي
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 69794
تاريخ التسجيل: Sun Jan 2011
العمر: 33
المشاركات: 58
مؤشر المستوى: 55
Sara Bnt Thomas will become famous soon enough
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: Dammam uni
التخصص: E
المستوى: المستوى الخامس
Sara Bnt Thomas غير متواجد حالياً

بنات تعرفون كيف طريقة اختبار شكسبير مع منى !!
طيب الحين كيف بتكون الاسئلة موحدة مع هوما ولا كيف !!
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3129
ريم خان
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الصورة الرمزية ريم خان
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة sara bnt thomas مشاهدة المشاركة
بنات تعرفون كيف طريقة اختبار شكسبير مع منى !!
طيب الحين كيف بتكون الاسئلة موحدة مع هوما ولا كيف !!
اي حبيبتي موحده بيكون اول سؤال كوتيشن واحد من مسرحيه هاملت والثاني من المسرحيه الثانيه اختياري
والسؤال الثاني مقالي سؤالين واختياري
السؤال الثالث بعد مقالي واختياري
وطبعا كل دكتوره لها تصحيحها
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2011- 5- 26   #3130
لارا
أكـاديـمـي فـعّـال

الصورة الرمزية لارا
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 13280
تاريخ التسجيل: Sat Oct 2008
المشاركات: 247
عدد الـنقـاط : 100
مؤشر المستوى: 66
لارا will become famous soon enoughلارا will become famous soon enough
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: الآدآب
التخصص: E
المستوى: المستوى الخامس
لارا غير متواجد حالياً

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة ريم خان مشاهدة المشاركة
my last dutch'
browning had an un conventional way of education , he was a young spirited young man , he was greatly influenced by shelly and shelly as you know is an earthiest a non believer. Browning read great books in his father's library, browning developed this tendency of reading with his father stories talking about crime and this early knowledge of the mentality of crime made him a great studier psychology of his characters and you will see this clear in the poems that we are going to study.
browning first work pauline was a failure, because his poetry was obscure = difficult to understand, because his poetry demanded a special kind of a reader, a reader who is knowledgeable, his reader must be well educated otherwise he won't be able to understand , so the critics criticized his poetry and obscurity.
he was born in 1812 and died in 1889, one of the critics said that browning is a self centered poet, he does not help the reader to know more about his literary works, what we will notice about browning that he is really interested in the medieval renaissance period , the italian renaissance , most of the titles of the poems are related to italian names , to latin names. Then browning tried writing plays when one of the writers asked him to write a performance play , but unfortunately the play was a failure , he wrote many other plays but unfortunately these plays were not successful.
how did this experience of writing plays affected him???
this influenced him in knowing how to develop his own style in dramatic monologue , he has the recognition as the poet who developed the dramatic monologue and he paved the way to what is known in the modern time by the stream of consciousness method in literature .
browning created his bells and pomegranateswhich was a collection, it has 2 magnificent pomes that they established the reputation of browning: my last duchess and the soliloquy of the spanish cloister.
now usually when you read you will find the names of tennyson and browning together in the victorian poetry , both are representative of the victorian poetry. But browning is not like tennyson in trying to give a moral lesson through his works, but he was fascinated in creating characters that will speak for themselves, there will be no personal or subjective interference from the poet.
this reputation encouraged browning to meat elizabeth barrette browning, she paid him tribute in geraldine courtship and then they started their relationship, and here we could see the romantic side of browning , when he felt that she is sick , he fell in love with her , convinced her in marrying him and they both ran away to italy. So we see the romantic influence of shelly here , the romantic feeling of the poet towards another poet.
elizabeth barrette was more famous than her husband robert browning during her life time but after her death browning developed his abilities , he wrote many collections of literary works, men and women which is one of his great collections but then at the end he wrote magnificent poems entitled the ring and the book this poem talks about an old story which occurred in the 14th or the 15th c it talks about a trial in court, in the trial we have a husband who is married to a young girl but she did not like him so she ran away with a priest to go back to her country and family , the husband was very frustrated, he was of a higher monarchy status but the girl was rich , usually at that time girls provide the husband with the dowry and the higher his name is she must pay more , because of his anger he followed the girl and he killed both the girl and the parents , of course there was a trial which actually by chance browning discovered what is called the yellow book and he found the trial there after this storey he created his master piece the ring and the book.
the ring and the book is a kind of a dramatic monologue a very long speeches by different characters , the husband , the wife , the priest ..
browning after the death of his wife he returned to england with his son and he became well known the court and in the victorian social life.
my last duchess
who is the speaker here???
the speaker is the duke of ferrara, he speaks about a picture about his late wife she has the rank of a duchess , so he speaks about her portrait , he accuses her of flirting with other men but he does not accuse her of adultery ,but the way she smiles to other men made him angry so he stopped her smile by killing her " i gave commands.." actually if you back historically in that period of time , if a woman is accused of adultery her husband can put an end to her life , or he could send her to a convent it was a code at that time.
after this horrible confession of murder nobody spoke , it was a silent audience actually the audience there was an envoy from another count who was sent in order to negotiate another marriage , he said that he is not interested about the dowry in the same time he is interested about the behavior of the other bride which indicates that she will face the same end of his first wife if she does not behave well.
that’s my last duchess painted on the wall,

he addresses his deceased wife as a painting as a work of art , he is in love with that painting because he is an artist he has a great aesthetic taste , he is in love with the work of art but not the woman herself
looking as if she were alive. I call
that piece a wonder, now: Fra pandolf’s hands
worked busily a day, and there she stands.

look at the opening lines , when the speaker addresses his wife as ( that ) he dehumanizes her, the portrait and the woman in the portrait are under his control. The portrait is well done as if the woman in it is a real human being , which means that the artist who painted the portrait is a great talented one , look how he is proud of his judgment he loves art he has a good eye in judging a work of art , he can distinguish between good and bad art. Pandolf’s = is the artist but he is not a real artist ,he is an imaginary artist that browning created. Pandolf’s hands worked busily a day,= look at the mocking tone here of course he painted it before he killed her, as if he forced him to finish the portrait in a day. Look at the proud tone , the mocking tone , as if he ordered him to finish quickly in a few days so then he will execute his wife.
will’t please you sit and look at her? I said

the duke invites the envoy to sit , and this invitation indicates that there are going to be more revelations, more secrets to be unfold to the envoy. Sit + look = revelation of more secrets
“fra pandolf” by design, for never read
look how he repeats the name of the artist , of course this is not a real artist ,but the way he repeats his name indicates that he is a great artist of that time.

strangers like you that pictured countenance,
the depth and passion of its earnest glance,
but to myself they turned (since none puts by
the curtain i have drawn for you, but i)

this beautiful portrait is covered by curtains , why??? Because he does not want anyone to see her smile , he is jealous, he wants all the smiles to be for him only or for the ones he allows them to see it, he do not love her , but he took the beauty and he put it in a work of art. When the envoy sat dawn certain expressions appeared on his face, he has questions that he would not dare to ask, the duke did not allow him to speak, the duke said, strangers like you they do not dare to ask about the expressions in that portrait. Countenance = visage = facial expressions. This indicates something about the duke's character , he is a dictator. Even the servants are not allowed to draw the curtains , he is the only one to do that, he is the one who controls the portrait and the life so he is like a god figure ,before and after her death. We have passion + earnest glance and smiles as if she was alive that is why he hides it because he is jealous , he does not want anyone to enjoy the liveliness of the portrait but him, we are going deep in the psychology of the duke.
and seemed as they would ask me, if they durst,
how such a glance came there; so, not the first

because the portrait is passionate so lively everybody wants to ask questions but they do not dare to ask the duke about such beauty and glow in that portrait , so the duke says you are not the only person with the same facial expressions when you saw the portrait but you do not have the courage to ask.
[img]file:///c:/users/29c2%7e1/appdata/local/temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/img]are you to turn and ask thus. Sir, ’twas not
her husband’s presence only, called that spot
of joy into the duchess’ cheek: Perhaps
fra pandolf chanced to say “her mantle laps
over my lady’s wrist too much,” or “paint
reasons for the beauty and liveliness of
must never hope to reproduce the faint
the portrait
half-flush that dies along her throat”: Such stuff
was courtesy, she thought, and cause enough
for calling up that spot of joy. She had

the duke here tries to explain how this spot of joy came on the face of the duchess , why she is smiling and blushing?! Why could you see the liveliness in her, may because at the time of painting the portrait she was wearing a low décolleté dress and that the painter commented that she should loosen the upper part of her dress and maybe she felt shy because of his comment, and shyness created the glow that was depicted by the artist , this is one suggestion from the duke the other one that she was glowing because of the presence of her husband's =we feel his jealousy. So may be the artist is giving a kind of compliment because he says i cannot reproduce the same flush through the colors , because her color is natural, or maybe it is courtesy. This indicates how beautiful , fare and young she is, full of life and color.
a heart—how shall i say?—too soon made glad,
too easily impressed; she liked whate’er
she looked on, and her looks went everywhere.

look at the elaborate description of the duchess, — look at the dash it indicates that there are other things, we feel suspicious, anything can please her, he does not like this description of her nor her other descriptions, she is of a good nature , she is innocent , she is pure ,she is joyful she liked whatever she saw, she looks everywhere like a child.
sir, ’twas all one! My favour at her breast,
the dropping of the daylight in the west,

she loves him but at the same time she likes something else , which is sunset = she loves him similar to the way she loves the sunset and this is unsatisfactory for the duke
the bough of cherries some officious fool
broke in the orchard for her, the white mule

even if a peasant broke in an orchard and brought her something from there she would be pleased from him as if she was pleased from the duke, she is childish , she rides the mule in the garden , all the things that she does the duke feels that she equalizes him
she rode with round the terrace—all and each
would draw from her alike the approving speech,

[img]file:///c:/users/29c2%7e1/appdata/local/temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/img]everything she likes and love even my love it is all the same, we feel that is normal of a young girl , she is full of life and she loves everything ,her behavior is natural because she is young but for him because he is an aged man he will not accept such behavior
or blush, at least. She thanked men,—good! But thanked
somehow—i know not how—as if she ranked very significant lines
my gift of a nine-hundred-years-old name
with anybody’s gift. Who’d stoop to blame

she thanked men then look at the dash — then we have good! We feel some kind of suspicion, but when we see the word good we understand that she did not committed adultery she flirts with men , we could feel the suspicious husband here is injured with his wife's childish behavior, he feels insulted by her actions. He has given her a great gift and that is his name and his name extends back in history 900 years old but she equalizes his great gift with anything , similar to when she is given a bow of cherry, or when she rides the mule ..he felt insulted, he is hurt because she does not find pride in his 900 years name .
this sort of trifling? Even had you skill
in speech—(which i have not)—to make your will
quite clear to such an one, and say, “just this
or that in you disgusts me; here you miss,
or there exceed the mark”—and if she let

he feels in capable of directing , he do not want to direct her because if he does such a think it will be humiliating for him , he will lower his great status as a duke by directing her.
herself be lessoned so, nor plainly set
her wits to yours, forsooth, and made excuse,
—e’en then would be some stooping; and i choose
never to stoop. Oh sir, she smiled, no doubt,
if he directs her she will listen to him or she might not but he feels superior he will never lower himself for someone else , so we could feel the pride.

whene’er i passed her; but who passed without
much the same smile? This grew; i gave commands;

whenever i pass she smiles to me but she also smiles to everybody else that is why he covers her portrait with a curtain , is this a normal person???no he psychologically distorted in a way , but at the same time we will see fascinating things about this character , look at the confession of murder , he confesses his guilt.
then all smiles stopped together. There she stands
as if alive. Will’t please you rise? We’ll meet

he has taken the life of a human being and imprisoned it in a work of art, he has taken the life and displayed only the beauty, all of a sudden after the horrible and shocking confession of murder , he orders politely the envoy who was sitting looking, listening and does speak , they are in the upper floor and the envoy was waiting downstairs with the guests , so he took the envoy upstairs to show him the portrait , he asks him to sit down show him the portrait tell him the story and they went down.
the company below, then. I repeat,
the count your master’s known munificence
is ample warrant that no just pretence
of mine for dowry will be disallowed;

we are shocked as readers , he confesses murdering his wife and now he is talking about another marriage arrangement!!! He tells the envoy i am sure that the count will not disallow me the dowry that i deserve i repeat, which means that he said this before, that the generosity of your master is a great guarantee that i will receive the dowry that i deserve as a duke.
though his fair daughter’s self, as i avowed
at starting, is my object. Nay, we’ll go
together down, sir. Notice neptune, though,
taming a sea-horse, thought a rarity,
which claus of innsbruck cast in bronze for me!
he says i am not interested in the money , but he is a hypocrite he loves money because through money he can buy works of art. He reveals his intentions , that he is interested in the character of the countess, while they were going down the stairs the duke was referring to a work of art neptune = is the god of the sea and this is a kind of a sculpture taming a sea-horse and this is a rare work of art , it was created privately for the duke, it is very symbolic, neptune taming a sea-horse, what does this connotes to the duke???
that he is going to tame his future wife if she does not behave well otherwise she will face the same destiny of the previous wife.
هذا حق العام او هالسنه ؟
  رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

« الموضوع السابق | الموضوع التالي »

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
دبلوم اعمال مكتبية وسكرتارية في معهد فتاة هجر سعودية نت منتدى معاهد شركة هجر للتعليم و التدريب التقني 3 2011- 3- 30 08:05 AM
[ اللغة الانجليزية ] : المقبولين لغه انجليزيه ... حياكم second year E students عسولة الشرقية منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام 6305 2011- 2- 9 02:51 AM
ياشباب ويابنات القطع في الانجليزي سلطان القصيم المستوى الأول - كلية الأداب 4 2011- 1- 8 01:27 PM