الصورة الرمزية Basma001
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 244383
تاريخ التسجيل: Wed Dec 2015
المشاركات: 1,729
الـجنــس : أنـثـى
عدد الـنقـاط : 508634
مؤشر المستوى: 560
Basma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond reputeBasma001 has a reputation beyond repute
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الاداب
الدراسة: انتساب
التخصص: انجليزي
المستوى: المستوى الثامن
 الأوسمة و جوائز  بيانات الاتصال بالعضو  اخر مواضيع العضو
Basma001 غير متواجد حالياً
رد: مهارات التحدث - الاثنين 7/4/1439 ( الفترةالاولى )

🦋المناقشات🦋

مناقشات مهارات التحدث
--
🦋 1🦋
The 1st lecture gives you different steps for (how to begin a conversation, make small talks, introduce someone, apologize, express thanks, and end a conversation). Give me an example for each situation..

the answer is :
how to begin a conversation. = What country are you from?
make small talks . = It hot today,isnt it ?

introduce someone . = Have you met my mother ?

Apologize = Forgive me .
Express thanks How thoughtfull !
End a conversation Good - bye .

—————————————————————
🦋2🦋
The 2nd lecture gives you different steps for (how to ask and give directions, communicate when using public transportation). Make a short conversation between Student A and Student B asking for and giving directions.
----
1: Excuse me,how do you get to a bank ?
2 ; Well, in that case, go straight ahead on this street until the third traffic light. Take a left there, and continue on until you come to a stop sign.
1; Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this to me!
2; Not at all. Enjoy your visit!
————————————————————————
🦋3🦋
The 3rd lecture discusses the intonation in questions with or. Explain the intonation in question with or. Support your discussion
with examples.

There are tow kinds of question with the word or : yes/no question and yes / no either /or question :

1- In yes/no question, the answer is 'yes' or 'No ' the speaker voice goes up tow times.

e.g :

Q: Would you like coffee or tea ?

A : yes please .

2- In either /or question , the answer is one of the two items from the question .The speaker voice goes up on the first item and down on the second item .
e.g :
Q : would you like coffee or tea ?
A: Tea , please .
————————————————————————-

🦋4 🦋
The 4th lecture talks about people who talk about their future goals. Talk about your future plans.

I want end my study ,I do more to learn the English language even to practice writing and conversations,
and I want Open restaurant
Plans to reach this goal:
Study the food art.

C: May we see the menu, please
W :Sure, here it is
W: Can i take your order
C: yes, i'd like a hamburger and a milkshake
W: How about you ?
C:i'd like a ham sandwich
W:would you like anything to drink ?
C:No,thank you . just water

—————————————————————

🦋6🦋
The 6th class reviews the speaking skills you have learnt so far. Write any short encouragement-using expressions of encouragement- for those students
who are afraid from speaking in English.

Try to practice the language with friends and family in order to overcome the fear, do not worry the subject is very easy, Good Luck.

—————————————————————-
🦋7🦋
The 7th class consists of topics like using modals, present participles and past participles as adjectives. Discuss the rules of one of the modals. And then discuss how the present and the past participle can function as adjectives. Don’t forget the examples.

Modal verbs, sometimes called modals, are auxiliary verbs (helping verbs). They express such things as possibility, probability, permission and obligation.
Can, could, might, may, must, should, will, would and shall are modal verbs.
We use a modal verb before a second verb.
Modal verbs are not followed by ‘to’.
Modal verbs can have more than one meaning and usage.
A participle phrase will begin with a present or past participle. If the participle is present, it will dependably end in ing. Likewise, a regular past participle will end in a consistent ed. Irregular past participles, unfortunately, conclude in all kinds of ways [although this list will help].
Since all phrases require two or more words, a participle phrase will often include objects and/or modifiers that complete the thought. Here are some examples:
Crunching caramel corn for the entire movie
Washed with soap and water
Stuck in the back of the closet behind the obsolete computer
Participle phrases always function as adjectives, adding description to the sentence. Read these examples:
The horse trotting up to the fence hopes that you have an apple or carrot.
Trotting up to the fence modifies the noun horse.
The water drained slowly in the pipe clogged with dog hair.
Clogged with dog hair modifies the noun pipe.
Eaten by mosquitoes, we wished that we had made hotel, not campsite, reservations.
Eaten by mosquitoes modifies the pronoun we.
——————————————————————————

🦋8🦋
The 8th class reviews the major skills you have taken so far. However, it focuses on understanding reductions in English. Discuss why it is important to learn reductions.

- to speak like native speakers
- reduce time spent talking and In a normal or fast speech, you will hear"reduction" of some words. For instance, want to may sound like wanna. learning to
understand reductions will help you become a better listener
—————————————————————-
🦋9🦋
The 9th class covers many culture notes and vocabularies. Express your opinion toward any of these culture notes and then explain how you can get meaning from context. Support your discussion with examples.

In all culture , there are a questions that are common to ask a new acquaintance and other questions that people consider impolite . people in the U.S , usually do not ask :
- How old are you ?
-are you married?
- how much money do you make?
people in the U.S , frequently ask :
- What do you do ?
- what kind of work?
- What are you from ?
Getting Meaning from Context :
Definition -
A definition gives the meaning of words. The writer may use words, phrases, or statements to define something. The writer will use key words, or signal words to identify a definition so you need to look for them. See examples of key words below. -
Someone who explores and studies caves is known as a spelunker.

an unfamiliar word = spelunker
signal words = is known as
definition = someone who explores and studies caves.

————-

🦋10🦋
The 9th class talks about; how to make an appointment with your boss or manager. Also, it
teaches you how to respond to a negative question – or more specifically, a negative statement with intonation that goes up at the end. In addition, People’s Intonation: happy or unhappy. You can do either one of the following;
- Make a short conversation; in which you set up an appointment.
- Discuss how American people show emotion with intonation. Support your discussion with examples.

a: could I make appointment with my manger?
b:Yes, of course how about Friday at 3:00?
a: Oh, I'm sorry, but I can't make it that day, Could we make it different day?
b: Oh, sure, how about Saturday at 10:00 AM?
a: Great. see you then.
When a person likes another person and wants to be friendly, the voice usually goes up:
Oh, hi, How are you?
When a person does not feel very friendly toward another person, the voice does not usually go up"
Oh, hi. How are you?
—————————————————————————————
🦋11🦋
In our 11th class, we discuss the most common prefixes and suffixes. In your opinion, what is/are the purpose(s) of understanding the use of each one of them? How does this PARTICULAR class improve your speaking skills? Why does it take your English Speaking level forward? is it helpful or not, why?

The addition of a suffix often changes a word from one word class to another. In the table above, the verb like becomes the adjective likeable, the noun idol becomes the verb idolize, and the noun child becomes the adjective childish.
For many people, standing up in public and doing a speech is one of their greatest fears. For many language students in particular

———————————————————————————————

🦋12🦋
In the 12th class, we explain, in details, the differences between Comparatives and Superlatives as well as their uses. Make a short conversation between A & Z who MUST use comparatives and superlatives. Please, pay attention to the cohesiveness and coherence of your conversations. And then, discuss the importance of using the comparatives and/or superlatives in your short conversation sample.

Comparative is the name for the grammar used when comparing two things. The two basic ways to compare are using as .. as or than. Examples of each are shown below:
She's twice as old as her sister.
He's not as stupid as he looks!
I'm almost as good in maths as in science.
This book is not as exciting as the last one.
The cafeteria is not as crowded as usual.
Russian is not quite as difficult as Chinese.
This computer is better than that one.
She's stronger at chess than I am.
It's much colder today than it was yesterday.
Our car is bigger than your car.
This grammar topic is easier than most others.
I find science more difficult than mathematics.
Today's ESL lesson was more interesting than usual.
Note: In each of the example sentences above, the comparative form of the adjective is shown. See the foot of this page for information about the comparison of adverbs.
When comparing with as .. as, the adjective does not change. When comparing with than, however, some changes are necessary, depending on the number of syllables the adjective .
————-————————————————————————
🦋13🦋

In our 13th lecture, we discuss agreement and disagreement expressions and we practice how to avoid some of the bad speaking habits such as offending others. Also, we talk about three different levels of discussion. Explain to me these three levels of discussion, keeping in mind what we should avoid.-
disagreement expressions and we practice how to avoid some of the bad speaking habits such as offending others. Also, we talk about three different levels of discussion

Level 3 (dialogue)
The goal is primarily to try and understand where each person is coming from and what makes them think the way they do.
* avoid criticizing the person who made the comment.
level 2 (Discussion)
The goal is primarily to get to "say your piece"
* avoid expressing disagreement without explaining why or supporting your point.
Level 1(Debate)
The goal is to prove that you're right and the other person is wrong.
* avoid using words like never and always.

————————————————————————————
🦋14🦋

In our 14th lecture, we discuss the major sections and speaking skills, we have learned or (learnt) during the semester. Which section do you prefer, and
why? And which section don’t you like, and why? REMEMBER THE CHARACTERISTICS OF RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION

i liked The sound of it: Understanding Reductions
because it teach us how we speak in professional..
I prefer all section, because I learn speaking skills.
—————————————-——————————————

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة Basma001 ; 2017- 10- 31 الساعة 11:23 PM