ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام

العودة   ملتقى طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك فيصل,جامعة الدمام > ساحة طلاب وطالبات الإنتظام > ملتقى طلاب الانتظام جامعة الإمام عبدالرحمن (الدمام) > ملتقى كليات العلوم والأداب - جامعة الإمام عبدالرحمن > منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام
التسجيل الكويزاتإضافة كويزمواعيد التسجيل التعليمـــات المجموعات  

منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام ; مساحة للتعاون و تبادل الخبرات بين طالبات كلية الآداب بالدمام و نقل آخر الأخبار و المستجدات .

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3131
رنومه..
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية رنومه..
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 7976
تاريخ التسجيل: Tue Jul 2008
العمر: 33
المشاركات: 1,022
الـجنــس : أنـثـى
عدد الـنقـاط : 484
مؤشر المستوى: 75
رنومه.. is a glorious beacon of lightرنومه.. is a glorious beacon of lightرنومه.. is a glorious beacon of lightرنومه.. is a glorious beacon of lightرنومه.. is a glorious beacon of light
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الآداب بالدمام..
الدراسة: انتظام
التخصص: English literature
المستوى: المستوى السابع
 الأوسمة و جوائز  بيانات الاتصال بالعضو  اخر مواضيع العضو
رنومه.. غير متواجد حالياً
رد: •• {{ 2nd year English students cafe ««

صبآآآحك سكر..
ليكتشر 11..

Summary

Antonio decides to move with Sebastian in Illyria .he allows Sebastian to move in Illyria, and he stays in the
Guests house (Elephant).Sebastian is moving in front of Olivia's house .Andrew and Sir Toby are ready to fight with him, they think that he Cesario.
In the Elizabeth time there was a system of fighting; two people fight in the street.
When Andrew comes to see Sebastian, he sticks him to makes Sebastian also sticks him. When Sebastian sees Sir Toby and Andrew he confused, he says that all people are mad in Illyria .but this people fight him because they think that he is Cesario.Sebastian is a nervous person who is so much ready to fight. He draws his sword, he sees that he is alone and there is so much people .Olivia comes and tells sir Toby not to fight with this person .she thinks Sebastian to be Cesario. She wants to talk with Sebastian considering him to be Cesario.
-Sebastian is so much confused because he is UN able to understand the scene.
And because Olivia is so much beautiful, and after some time she offers him to marry her.
But Sebastian, without thinking, is ready to marry Olivia; they both go to the temple and marry. They will not declare their marriage until they find suitable time.
-the mistaken identity is important theme in the drama.
-we also see Orison and viola come to request Olivia for love and marriage with
Orison .Antonio is captured by some officers of Orison .when orison sees Antonio he asks him how he dares to come to Illyria. Antonio says that he saved viola's life considering her to be Sebastian. Here Orison becomes angrier because orison is serving him.
Viola is so confused .Antonio comes and blames viola considering her to be Sebastian.
Viola and Olivia are confused because Olivia said that viola (cession) is her husband, and viola said that she does not know anything about this .Orison is confused, he blames Cesario because he steals his love .here appears Sebastian, the confusion arrives to its climax .Orison sees that there are two persons with one voice and face .Sebastian expresses that has married Olivia.
Sebastian expresses that he comes here because Sebastian has saved his life .Sebastian is confused when seeing Cesario because he has no brother, he has one sister .after sometime Viola understands the reality that she is the real sister of Sebastian, but she disguised .Viola expresses her love to Orison .Olivia orders that viola and orison should marry in her house.
The confusion was cleared by the statement of viola.
-the mistaken identity arises with violas disguises as a man.
-Viola falls in love with Orison as a woman.
-Olivia refuses to marry Orison .she falls in love with Cesario and she gets marry to Sebastian.

Act 4 Twelfth Night

SIR ANDREW

Now, sir, have I met you again? There's for you

Andrew is bought by sir Toby to marry Olivia .he describes Andrew as a best dancer and best singer .Toby thinks that Andrew is fitting to the character of Olivia, and Andrew sees that Olivia must be in love with Cesario.
Toby blames Andrew and encourages him to fight Cesario.
Andrew does not get the chance to fight Cesario.
Andrew strikes Sebastian .Sebastian draws his sword, here Olivia comes. When she sees Sir Toby and Andrew are fighting with Sebastian, she orders them to stop.

OLIVIA

Hold, Toby; on thy life I charge thee, holds!

SIR TOBY BELCH
Madam!

OLIVIA
Will it be ever thus? Ungracious wretch,
Fit for the mountains and the barbarous caves,
Where manners ne'er were preach'd! hout of my sight!

She is describing that those people can't talk with him, she critics this misbehavior as people living in her house. She orders them to leave.

SEBASTIAN

What relish is in this? How runs the stream?
Or I am mad, or else this is a dream:
Let fancy still my sense in Lethe steep;
If it be thus to dream, still let me sleep!

When Sebastian sees the behavior of Olivia, he thinks that he is dreaming. This is the fancy of love.
Lethe is a name of a river in Greek mythology of forgetting, souls have to cross above this river before entering the underground.
Love fancy is still my sense and if this dream he should continue his sleeping. In the behavior of Olivia, Sebastian makes his speech, he wants to forget all things and complete his dream.
SCENE III. OLIVIA's garden.

Enter SEBASTIAN

SEBASTIAN

This is the air; that is the glorious sun;
This pearl she gave me, I do feel't and see't;
And though 'tis wonder that enwraps me thus,
Yet 'tis not madness. Where's Antonio, then?
I could not find him at the Elephant:
Yet there he was; and there I found this credit,
That he did range the town to seek me out.
His counsel now might do me golden service;
For though my soul disputes well with my sense,
That this may be some error, but no madness,
Yet doth this accident and flood of fortune

Sebastian's soul gets a hot sense but it is not an error, this love not madness. He expresses the gratitude he gets from Antonio, he is so happy, and when he sees the pearl he remembers Antonio.
When Antonio meets Cesario and Andrew, Cesario does not know Antonio, but Andrew considers Cesario to be Sebastian

OLIVIA

Blame not this haste of mine. If you mean well,
Now go with me and with this holy man
Into the chantry by: there, before him,
And underneath that consecrated roof,
Plight me the full assurance of your faith;
That my most jealous and too doubtful soul
May live at peace. He shall conceal it
Whiles you are willing it shall come to note,
What time we will our celebration keep
According to my birth. What do you say?

Olivia is trying to get married in the temple, she blames for so much hate, she should go with him. Under the secret roof of the temple they marry.
Her soul which is doubtful should be in peace, he must not speak to anybody; they want to keep their marriage celebration for a suitable time which will be the date of birth of Olivia.

Act 4 Twelfth Night

- The final discovery of every event
- Antonio was bought by the officers of Orsino

VIOLA

He did me kindness, sir, drew on my side;
But in conclusion put strange speech upon me:
I know not what 'twas but distraction.

DUKE ORSINO
Notable pirate! thou salt-water thief!
What foolish boldness brought thee to their mercies,
Whom thou, in terms so bloody and so dear,
Hast made thine enemies?

When the duke sees Antonio he wonders what makes him dare to come to Illyria.
Andrew is the enemy of the Duke

OLIVIA

What would my lord, but that he may not have,
Wherein Olivia may seem serviceable?
Cesario, you do not keep promise with me.

The Duke and Viola are talking and the Duke is talking with Antonio.
Olivia sees Cesario and she asks, what had happened with her Lord?
She is waiting for Sebastian; she sees Cesario and considers him to be Sebastian.

VIOLA

And I, most jocund, apt and willingly,
To do you rest, a thousand deaths would die.

Viola is responding to Olivia.
I love to be the wife of Orsino.

SEBASTIAN

I am sorry, madam, I have hurt your kinsman:
But, had it been the brother of my blood,
I must have done no less with wit and safety.
You throw a strange regard upon me, and by that
I do perceive it hath offended you:
Pardon me, sweet one, even for the vows
We made each other but so late ago.

DUKE ORSINO
One face, one voice, one habit, and two persons,
A natural perspective, that is and is not!

Here Sebastian speaks with Olivia, he didn’t harm any person, and if they are your relatives, Toby and Andrew, I will apologize to you sweet Olivia.
-these are destroyed lines .by seeing Sebastian, all characters Olivia, viola, duke, Orsino, sir Toby and Andrew are confused.
Two persons are made by nature .it is just to create fantastic effect .one face one body one voice in two persons, it is a node.

SEBASTIAN

Antonio, O my dear Antonio!
How have the hours rack'd and tortured me,
Since I have lost thee!

Sebastian is speaking with Antonio, he tells him how much he tortured since he meets Antonio.

VIOLA

If nothing lets to make us happy both
But this my masculine usurp'd attire,
Do not embrace me till each circumstance
Of place, time, fortune, do cohere and jump
That I am Viola: which to confirm,
I'll bring you to a captain in this town,
Where lie my maiden weeds; by whose gentle help
I was preserved to serve this noble count.
All the occurrence of my fortune since
Hath been between this lady and this lord.

I am happy, do not look for this place, time, fortune I am real Olivia, the captain brought me and he is in this town
She was preserved to serve orsino, the noble man .all my fortune was between this lady and that lord.

OLIVIA

Alas, Malvolio, this is not my writing,
Though, I confess, much like the character
But out of question 'tis Maria's hand.
And now I do bethink

Re
Regarding to the letter, Malvolio dreams to become the husband of Olivia. Confusion has been cleared. Malvolia sees her letter .it is not her writing it is Maria's .she knows her character .Malvolio is very critical character, he creates so much laughter. Once he was steward in Olivia's house .He gets the letter, all characters consider him mad man. Olivia is so much ignorant of the letter .she always
In her died brother. Before seeing Orsino she decides not to show her face to anyone.
This is the power of love.

Critical analyses

The theme of love
Twelfth Night is a romantic comedy, and romantic love is the play’s main focus. Despite the fact that the play offers a happy ending.love causes suffering.
The love of the duke is not expressed directly; rather it is expressed by messengers. He sends messages of love to Olivia with valentine .but Olivia expresses to him that she can't marry him. She decides not to marry any other person for seven years .after deciding to veil herself, her decision is broken by the appearance of Cesario.
The confusion that has been created by the three to find one another and wedded bless Shakespeare said that love can combine , many of the character see love as a kind of sudden attack of feeling , these characters start to suffer painfully from love .
Orsino detects love, the appetite he wants to satisfy but he can't,he calls his desires.
Olivia describes love is a plague, Olivia suffers from love. We also see that love means to some people happiness and to the other suffering and sadness.
At the end of the play, as the happy lovers rejoice, both Malvolio and Antonio are prevented from having the objects of their desire. Malvolio, who has pursued Olivia, must ultimately face the realization that he is a fool.
Antonio is not allowed to express his love towards Sebastian.
Some critics said that he falls in love with Sebastian, others said that it is a kind of friendship.

The uncertainty of gender
Gender is one of most obvious and most discussed topic in this play, wither it is male or female.
This drama is transvestite comedy. It means that the main characters change their dress to another gender.
Viola is disguised as a man, her situation creates son many confusion. S he falls in love with Orsino but she can't tell him because she is a man.
When Olivia, the object of Orsino’s affection, falls for Viola in her guise as Cesario. There is a clear homoerotic sub**************** here: Olivia is in love with a woman, even if she thinks he is a man, and Orsino often remarks on Cesario’s beauty, suggesting that he is attracted to Viola even before her male disguise is removed. This latent homoeroticism finds an explicit echo in the minor character of Antonio, who is clearly in love with his male friend, Sebastian. But Antonio’s desires cannot be satisfied,
The Folly of Ambition
The problem of social ambition works itself out largely through the character of Malvolio, the steward, who seems to be a competent servant, if prudish and dour, but proves to be, in fact, a supreme egotist, with tremendous ambitions to rise out of his social class. Maria plays on these ambitions when she forges a letter from Olivia that makes Malvolio believe that Olivia is in love with him and wishes to marry him. Sir Toby and the others find this fantasy hysterically funny, of course—not only because of Malvolio’s unattractive personality but also because Malvolio is not of noble blood. In the class system of Shakespeare’s time, a noblewoman would generally not sully her reputation by marrying a man of lower social status.
Yet the atmosphere of the play may render Malvolio’s aspirations less unreasonable than they initially seem. The feast of Twelfth Night, from which the play takes its name, was a time when social hierarchies were turned upside down. That same spirit is alive in Illyria: indeed, Malvolio’s antagonist, Maria, is able to increase her social standing by marrying Sir Toby. But it seems that Maria’s success may be due to her willingness to accept and promote the anarchy that Sir Toby and the others embrace. This Twelfth Night spirit, then, seems to pass by Malvolio, who doesn’t wholeheartedly embrace the upending of order and decorum but rather wants to blur class lines for himself alone.

the end..
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3132
رنومه..
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية رنومه..
الملف الشخصي:
رنومه.. is a glorious beacon of lightرنومه.. is a glorious beacon of lightرنومه.. is a glorious beacon of lightرنومه.. is a glorious beacon of lightرنومه.. is a glorious beacon of light
بيانات الطالب:

اتمنى أني افدتك..
إذا تبين لكتشر 12 قولي لي..=)
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3133
رنومه..
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية رنومه..
الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

مآآآقلتوو بنآآت شو عملتوو بالأمتحآآن شكلي أول وحده اجي!!..
اممم الحمدالله أنآ أحسه حلوو بالنسبه لمذآكرتنآآ..
يآآآرب تيسر لنآآ البآآقي..
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3134
Re Re
أكـاديـمـي ذهـبـي

الصورة الرمزية Re Re
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 46820
تاريخ التسجيل: Thu Feb 2010
المشاركات: 765
عدد الـنقـاط : 4844
مؤشر المستوى: 70
Re Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond reputeRe Re has a reputation beyond repute
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: الآآداب
التخصص: E
Re Re غير متواجد حالياً

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة الراحة بالجنة مشاهدة المشاركة
ري ري الدكتور الدراما آخر محاضرة كان كلا يشرح لنا عن الكوتيشن اذا جابه كيف نحله عاد يقول تكتبينه في 3 برقرافات .. البرقراف الأول الي نفس العام تقولين هذا الكوتيشن من المسرحيه الفلانيه كتبها هالكاتب الفلاني والي يتكلم في هالمقطع فلان بن فلان ويكلم فلانه بنت فلان >>> ليش جات فلانة مدري
وعن ايش هالبرقراف بس ...
بعدين عندك البرقراف الثاني تكتبين المعنى للكوتيشن يعني تشرحينه واذا كان البرقراف يحمل معنيين تكتبينه في برفرافين .....
طيب البرقراف الثالث الله يسلمك يقول شيخنا شاه انو تكتبين أهمية هذا البرقراف (الكوتيشن) وتكتبين بعد الثيم حق المسرحية كاملة وبعدين تقولين الي هي الخاتمة ان من البداية الى النهاية هذي المسرحية مرتبطة بالثيم حقها

وفنشنا

الله يعين ياشيخه

ان شاء الله سهلات

ومشكوره عالتوضيح

بنات احد يذكر اسئلة المد الاول والمد الثاني

المد الاول اذكب السؤال الاخير تكتبين عن مشاعر بسسانيو ومدري ايش وهو يختار الصناديق

اللي تذكر اشيآئآت تعلمنااا

بالتوفيق للجميع :praying:
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3135
ThE lEgEnD
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الصورة الرمزية ThE lEgEnD
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 7441
المشاركات: 1,623
عدد الـنقـاط : 5069
مؤشر المستوى: 86
ThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond repute
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الآدآب للبنات بالدمام
التخصص: Englishiano0o
ThE lEgEnD غير متواجد حالياً

بنات فيه تفريغ رقم4 -6-7>>>مووو عندي غريبه هم فيه اصلا ولا شووو!!!

واللهم لك الحمد امتحان العربي حلو ومس عذاري احلى احس عطتنا خلفيه ع كم سؤال وجابتهمـ...
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3136
عسولة الشرقية
أكـاديـمـي مـشـارك

الصورة الرمزية عسولة الشرقية
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 5455
تاريخ التسجيل: Mon Apr 2008
المشاركات: 2,198
عدد الـنقـاط : 407
مؤشر المستوى: 87
عسولة الشرقية is just really niceعسولة الشرقية is just really niceعسولة الشرقية is just really niceعسولة الشرقية is just really niceعسولة الشرقية is just really nice
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الآداب
التخصص: انجليزي
المستوى: خريج جامعي
عسولة الشرقية غير متواجد حالياً

فيه من 1الى 12 ماعدا 7
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3137
عسولة الشرقية
أكـاديـمـي مـشـارك

الصورة الرمزية عسولة الشرقية
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 5455
تاريخ التسجيل: Mon Apr 2008
المشاركات: 2,198
عدد الـنقـاط : 407
مؤشر المستوى: 87
عسولة الشرقية is just really niceعسولة الشرقية is just really niceعسولة الشرقية is just really niceعسولة الشرقية is just really niceعسولة الشرقية is just really nice
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الآداب
التخصص: انجليزي
المستوى: خريج جامعي
عسولة الشرقية غير متواجد حالياً

بنات انبسطوا

توني جايه مو موضوع مكافئتي وما يختص بها

يقولون نزلت المكافاة

<---------- لا تنسون بشارتي
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3138
رحلة عمر
أكـاديـمـي ذهـبـي

الصورة الرمزية رحلة عمر
الملف الشخصي:
رقم العضوية : 17627
تاريخ التسجيل: Fri Jan 2009
المشاركات: 923
عدد الـنقـاط : 329
مؤشر المستوى: 72
رحلة عمر رحلة عمر رحلة عمر رحلة عمر
بيانات الطالب:
الكلية: كلية الاداب بالدمام
المستوى: المستوى الخامس
رحلة عمر غير متواجد حالياً

اذا ممكن 12
ويعطيكم العافية ماتقصروا والله
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3139
ThE lEgEnD
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الملف الشخصي:
ThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond reputeThE lEgEnD has a reputation beyond repute
بيانات الطالب:

بنات بليز احد ينزل 4 و 6 موعندي مدري ليييش...
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2010- 6- 20   #3140
ThE lEgEnD
أكـاديـمـي ألـمـاسـي

الملف الشخصي:
بيانات الطالب:

هاذي 12

The theme of the drama
Theme of love.
The theme of the drama is love. The drama starts with love and the drama end happily.
Malvolio is interested to get marry to Olivia .Shakespeare described that because Malvolio is of a lower social class he wants to marry Olivia to raise his social status.
This theme is also created with viola is disguised as Cesario.
Cesario who is taking messages from orsino to Olivia, Olivia falls in love with cesario, although she decides not to show her face for seven years, she wants to mourn the death of her brother.
But she can't compose herself, she wants to see Cesario, she also sends him a ring by Malvolio.
On the other hand, Viola finds orsino is a good duke; his style of expressing his love is very real, without ambiguity.
Viola falls in love with Orsino, but he does not know because she disguised as cesario. Olivia loves cesario but he can't fall in her love because she is a woman.
The theme of the drama is totally love, but love is acurse of suffering.
In the first act many characters see love as a cause of suffering.
Orsino who loves Olivia cant marry her in one aspect .love has been described as a plague by Olivia.
Orsino detects love as an appetite in the first lines.
The lovers get married and the drama has a happy end, but what is supposed to be can't be fulfilled.
Orsino can't get Olivia, Olivia can't get orsino but she gets Sebastian .Malvolio can't get the hand of Olivia.
Protagonists are denied with marriage.

THE Uncertainty of gender
Gender is one of the most obvious and much-discussed topics in the play. Twelfth Night is one of Shakespeare’s so-called transvestite comedies, in which a female character—in this case, Viola—disguises herself as a man. This situation creates a mess: Viola falls in love with Orsino but cannot tell him, because he thinks she is a man, while Olivia, the object of Orsino’s affection, falls for Viola in her guise as Cesario. There is a clear homoerotic sub**************** here: Olivia is in love with a woman, even if she thinks he is a man, and Orsino often remarks on Cesario’s beauty, suggesting that he is attracted to Viola even before her male disguise is removed. This latent homoeroticism finds an explicit echo in the minor character of Antonio, who is clearly in love with his male friend, Sebastian. But Antonio’s desires cannot be satisfied.

Folly of ambition
The problem of social ambition works itself out largely through the character of Malvolio, the steward, who seems to be a competent servant, if prudish and dour, but proves to be, in fact, with tremendous ambitions to rise out of his social class. Maria plays on these ambitions when she forges a letter from Olivia that makes Malvolio believe that Olivia is in love with him and wishes to marry him. Sir Toby and the others find this
Funny, of course—not only because of Malvolio’s unattractive personality but also because Malvolio is not of noble blood. In the class system of Shakespeare’s time, a noblewoman would generally not sully her reputation by marrying a man of lower social status.
Yet the atmosphere of the play may render Malvolio’s aspirations less unreasonable than they initially seem. The feast of Twelfth Night, from which the play takes its name, that same spirit is alive in Illyria: indeed, Malvolio’s antagonist, Maria, is able to increase her social standing by marrying Sir Toby. But it seems that Maria’s success may be due to her willingness to accept and promote the anarchy that Sir Toby and the others embrace.
Motifs
Letters, Messages, and Tokens
Twelfth Night features a great variety of messages sent from one character to another—sometimes as letters and other times in the form of tokens. Such messages are used both for purposes of communication and miscommunication—sometimes deliberate and sometimes accidental. Maria’s letter to Malvolio, which purports to be from Olivia, is a deliberate (and successful) attempt to trick the steward. Sir Andrew’s letter demanding a duel with Cesario, meanwhile, is meant seriously, but because it is so appallingly stupid, Malvolio’s missive, sent by way of Feste from the dark room in which he is imprisoned, ultimately works to undo the confusion caused by Maria’s forged letter and to free Malvolio from his imprisonment.
But letters are not the only kind of messages that characters employ to communicate with one another. Individuals can be employed in the place of written communication—Orsino repeatedly sends Cesario, for instance, to deliver messages to Olivia. Objects can function as messages between people as well: Olivia sends Malvolio after Cesario with a ring, to tell the page that she loves him, and follows the ring up with further gifts, which symbolize her romantic attachment. Messages can convey important information, but they also create the potential for miscommunication and confusion—especially with characters like Maria and Sir Toby manipulating the information.
Madness
No one is truly insane in Twelfth Night, yet a number of characters are accused of being mad, and a current of insanity or zaniness runs through the action of the play. After Sir Toby and Maria dupe Malvolio into believing that Olivia loves him, Malvolio behaves so bizarrely that he is assumed to be mad and is locked away in a dark room. Malvolio himself knows that he is sane, and he accuses everyone around him of being mad. Meanwhile, when Antonio encounters Viola (disguised as Cesario), he mistakes her for Sebastian, and his angry insistence that she recognize him leads people to assume that he is mad. All of these incidents feed into the general atmosphere of the play, in which normal life is thrown topsy-turvy, and everyone must confront a reality that is somehow fractured.
Disguises
Many characters in Twelfth Night assume disguises, beginning with Viola, who puts on male attire and makes everyone else believe that she is a man. By dressing his protagonist in male garments, Shakespeare creates confusion with the Olivia-Viola--Orsino love triangle. Other characters in disguise include Malvolio, who puts on crossed garters and yellow stockings in the hope of winning Olivia, and Feste, who dresses up as a priest—Sir Topas—when he speaks to Malvolio after the steward has been locked in a dark room. Feste puts on the disguise even though Malvolio will not be able to see him, since the room is so dark, suggesting that the importance of clothing is not just in the eye of the beholder. For Feste, the disguise completes his assumption of a new identity—in order to be Sir Topas, he must look like Sir Topas. Viola puts on new clothes and changes her gender, while Feste and Malvolio put on new garments either to impersonate a nobleman (Feste) or in the hopes of becoming a nobleman (Malvolio

Mistaken Identity
The instances of mistaken identity are related to the prevalence of disguises in the play, as Viola’s male clothing leads to her being mistaken for her brother, Sebastian, and vice versa. Sebastian is mistaken for Viola (or rather, Cesario) by Sir Toby and Sir Andrew, and then by Olivia, who promptly marries him. Meanwhile, Antonio mistakes Viola for Sebastian, and thinks that his friend has betrayed him when Viola claims to not know him. These cases of mistaken identity, common in Shakespeare’s comedies, create the tangled situation that can be resolved only when Viola and Sebastian appear together, helping everyone to understand what has happened.
Symbols
Symbols are objects, characters, figures, or colors used to represent abstract ideas or concepts.

Olivia’s Gifts
When Olivia wants to let Cesario know that she loves him, she sends him a ring by way of Malvolio. Later, when she mistakes Sebastian for Cesario, she gives him a precious pearl. In each case, the jewel serves as a token of her love—a physical symbol of her romantic attachment to a man who is really a woman. The gifts are more than symbols, though. “Youth is bought more oft than begged or borrowed,” Olivia says at one point that she means to buy Cesario’s love if she cannot win it

The End

Good luck
  رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
2nd, cafe, english, students, year

« الموضوع السابق | الموضوع التالي »

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Fourth year ENGLISH students mesho ~ منتدى كلية الآداب بالدمام 138 2010- 8- 15 04:49 PM